WiscoHR’s JL Adventures

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well now I’m really confused. Just went out to the JL, turned ignition to run without starting. Went and plugged rear axle back in. No click from the locker. So, started the Jeep no check locker system message anymore and it’s back to normal.

Not sure if it finally reset itself after being off for a longer period. So, I’m going to take it for a ride now and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

LOL - maybe it just needed to sleep on it :crazyeyes:

Any chance you went through deep water when the problem first occurred? I wonder if there was just some kind of short and now that things dried up, all is good again.

JeepJL

Well now I’m really confused. Just went out to the JL, turned ignition to run without starting. Went and plugged rear axle back in. No click from the locker. So, started the Jeep no check locker system message anymore and it’s back to normal.

Not sure if it finally reset itself after being off for a longer period. So, I’m going to take it for a ride now and see what happens.

Well that’s good news for now. Like I said those control modules have a mind of their own. Sometimes when I push the start button on mine nothing happens unless I unbuckle my seat belt then open and shut the driver door again. And just like everyone else the radio has a mind of its own. Sometimes I wonder if the tazer has something to do with all the weird issues.
Hope it’s back to normal now. I haven’t seen any update flashes available for the lockers at this time.

WiscoHR

I didn’t try the lockers today because I need the Jeep to get to work Monday and Tuesday. I’m off Wednesday so I’ll do some more testing with and without the Tazer connected. Need to find out if it was a fluke thing or a real issue. I would rather test on a day when a dealership is open, so if it does it again hopefully they can plug it in and get some direction of where the issue is coming from.

All I know now is some how the power to the locker wouldn’t shut off. Like a relay was stuck. And after it sat long enough it finally cut all power to the computer and it reset.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's a crazy thing but I really do like the look of the JL hard top.

Can't believe you reinstalled it by yourself. I've done it and thought for sure I was going to destroy it the whole time :crazyeyes:

drhcobra

So, I brought it back in today. The tech claims he did change it yesterday.[emoji848]

But they did decide to put the right part number on today, that is part of the recall.

View attachment 13263

But you can’t fix stupid!!!! That big sticker didn’t help the guy today. I’ll go home and fix that. 2 tries to get it right is enough for me!

Mine came back the same way. Not sure if it matters, but why put the sticker on if it doesn’t?

WiscoHR

Rotated the tires today, also found my passenger rear lower control arm Johnny joints need to be replaced. Then disconnected the Tazer so the dealership can reflash my radio and dash display Friday then hopefully the electrical gremlins will be gone.

IMG_2144.JPG

IMG_2146.JPG