WiscoHR’s JL Adventures

WiscoHR

On my way out of CO yesterday we ran Saxon Mountain. This trail brought back some great memories of wheeling my stock JK Rubicon there right after I got it. It made me appreciate everything that Jeep taught me about choosing lines and the abilities of a stock vehicle. It was definitely a different trail being able to climb the larger rocks that the JK had to scrape and use the sliders to get around. Saxon Mountain is not a difficult trail but it can be intimidating since you are on the edge of a steep drop on an extremely narrow trail at points.

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_1578.JPG

IMG_5283.JPG

This large boulder was definitely a challenge to get around with the width of the JL.

IMG_5284.JPG

IMG_5288.JPG

IMG_5289.JPG

IMG_5296.JPG

Now it’s time to start planning the next trip and figure out what I want to upgrade and change on my current set up.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

WiscoHR

Got a little work done on the JL today. Rotated the tires and added EVO rear shock skids. Install would have been easy if I hadn’t beat the shit out of the passenger side mount in Colorado. Had to grind the inside back flat to get it to fit.

IMG_1379.JPG

From that to this.

IMG_1603.JPG

IMG_1604.JPG

And decided to repaint the rear stinger before winter in WI

IMG_1605.JPG

Maxcustody

Wow great pics, look like you had an awesome trip. A couple of battle scars adds character. Great looking Rig..........

WiscoHR

Don't look bad at all, Do you do anything underneath to protect from salt? Any value to under coating?

On my JK I would repaint the frame and axles every spring and fall. I use Rustoleum Rust Reformer on the rusted spots then top coat with Satin Black. I’ll probably put a coat of paint on in the next couple weeks. I don’t believe in the undercoating products because the usually trap water against the metal as they wear down.