WiscoHR’s JL Adventures

WiscoHR

It sounds like you have a lot going on with your JL. I hope your dealer can get it all taken care of for you & that they're giving you a COMPARABLE loaner - dealer's always try to give a turd for a loaner!

For the last 2 days I haven't been able to use the GPS on mine, it just says "searching for satellite". Thank goodness I've been around home and have not been traveling, or I could really be up the creek.

Even with the few glitches i've had, I love my JLUR.

Good luck!!

Laura Rose from PA

Actually overall I’ve been very happy with the JL so far. This steering thing bothered me for awhile, but the new track bar helped a lot. The stuff still going on is pretty tame. Just a slight annoyance if anything.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

WiscoHR

Dropped the JL off at the dealership this morning. Doing the recall for the frame welds, and looking at the steering. I can’t wait to hear what they think is causing the steering issue. My guess is that the new fancy steering box in the JL is the issue. But pretty sure Jeep won’t admit that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Dropped the JL off at the dealership this morning. Doing the recall for the frame welds, and looking at the steering. I can’t wait to hear what they think is causing the steering issue. My guess is that the new fancy steering box in the JL is the issue. But pretty sure Jeep won’t admit that.

Good luck! Looking forward to hearing what all gets done and whether or not it fixes things for you.

WiscoHR

Well went to check on the JL tonight after work.

IMG_1691.JPG

It’s lonely sitting behind the dealership, and they haven’t been able to give me any update on progress. So 2 days are turing in to 4 and it doesn’t seem like their trying. Since it’s sitting in the lot not on a rack.

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I've had to leave cars at dealerships for extended stays and it's always heartbreaking to see them sitting on the back lot. Hope you get it back soon.

JeepJL

I wouldn’t mind if I knew what they were doing. But I’ve called a couple times and the service advisor keeps telling me he will call me back and never does.

Go see them in person and ask for the service manager. See where they are at with it. Let them know you are frustrated and ask what the next steps are. Ask if a star case has been opened. Also call FCA and have them create a case for you so it’s all documented. Make sure nothing is falling through the cracks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Man, that totally sucks that you're not hearing anything from them. I'd have to agree that the next step might be to talk to the Service Manager.

WiscoHR

Man, that totally sucks that you're not hearing anything from them. I'd have to agree that the next step might be to talk to the Service Manager.

Well I’m finally getting my JL back. But nothing really got done. It was basically a week long oil change. The welds on the track bar are fine. The radio resetting randomly, they said they can’t duplicate. And the steering wheel shake, they ordered it a new stabilizer that should be in sometime in January. So we’ll see if that fix’s the steering in about a month.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
What a waste of time. I had some intermittent problems caused by a bad TCM on my 2014. They were never able to duplicate the problem, but I was able to capture video on my telephone which was then used escalate the repair process. Maybe you can do the same for your head unit? With regards to track bar bracket welds recall, my local dealer had me drop it off at breakfast and it was out by lunch time.

WiscoHR

What a waste of time. I had some intermittent problems caused by a bad TCM on my 2014. They were never able to duplicate the problem, but I was able to capture video on my telephone which was then used escalate the repair process. Maybe you can do the same for your head unit? With regards to track bar bracket welds recall, my local dealer had me drop it off at breakfast and it was out by lunch time.

Now I’m pissed!! It was there for a week and they said the oil change was done in that time. I’ve never been able to get oil out of my Jeep without disturbing a little dirt around the drain plug!

IMG_1693.JPG

JTCO

Meme King
Well I’m finally getting my JL back. But nothing really got done. It was basically a week long oil change. The welds on the track bar are fine. The radio resetting randomly, they said they can’t duplicate. And the steering wheel shake, they ordered it a new stabilizer that should be in sometime in January. So we’ll see if that fix’s the steering in about a month.

Now I’m pissed!! It was there for a week and they said the oil change was done in that time. I’ve never been able to get oil out of my Jeep without disturbing a little dirt around the drain plug!

What a bunch of jackasses. I'd be pissed and blowing up the service manager's phone.