WiscoHR’s JL Adventures

WiscoHR

So, I finally got my new steering stabilizer. I will say it stopped the shaking in the steering. The steering wheel will still jump to one side when I hit a bump but that’s it. So I still think there is and underlying issue but for now I’m just happy it’s not shaking all over.

Also while it was in they ordered a rear passenger side seatbelt. Keeps getting stuck when trying to pull it out. And they ordered me a new rear window for my hardtop, since the wire for the rear defrost broke off.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Wisco, any progress on those dealer repairs? My hardtop finish has been coming off. Black texture worn off down to the white SMC (definitely not chalking) and I've been waiting for a replacement. The hardtop works, just looks like crap. :crazyeyes:

BTW, your PM box is full.

WiscoHR

Wisco, any progress on those dealer repairs? My hardtop finish has been coming off. Black texture worn off down to the white SMC (definitely not chalking) and I've been waiting for a replacement. The hardtop works, just looks like crap. :crazyeyes:

BTW, your PM box is full.

Still waiting on a new rear seat belt because it has trouble retracting and the new rear window. Haven’t heard from the dealership yet, but figure it will probably be a while. Thanks for the heads up on the mailbox. I cleared it out.

WiscoHR

Bummer that you're still waiting on the repairs. Hope you get your JL back soon.

Luckily it’s not sitting at the dealership this time. I have it until the parts come in. Thinking about putting a new draglink on it to see if it helps the steering shake. The new stabilizer masked it for a few weeks but it’s slowly coming back. What do you think of the one from Synergy? I like that I can use it as a bottom mount for now and switch to top mount down the road if needed.