WiscoHR’s JL Adventures

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
So, I brought it back in today. The tech claims he did change it yesterday.[emoji848]

But they did decide to put the right part number on today, that is part of the recall.

View attachment 13263

But you can’t fix stupid!!!! That big sticker didn’t help the guy today. I’ll go home and fix that. 2 tries to get it right is enough for me!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

😂😂😂 Sorry, had to laugh. I mean, it's pretty much what I expect nowadays. People not only want to just get home by 5, they don't even want to do anything after lunch.

WiscoHR

Well I broke my JL today!! Haven’t used the lockers in a while, and thought I’d check them in a gravel lot today. Well the rear axle won’t unlock now. Unplugged it to unlock for now. But every time I plug it back in the locker clicks back on. Hopefully I can sort it out tomorrow.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well I broke my JL today!! Haven’t used the lockers in a while, and thought I’d check them in a gravel lot today. Well the rear axle won’t unlock now. Unplugged it to unlock for now. But every time I plug it back in the locker clicks back on. Hopefully I can sort it out tomorrow.

Well that's odd. Typically, when the locker won't let go, nothing short of opening up the diff and doing it by hand is needed. If unplugging the harness can do it, that'd be news to me.

JeepJL

Yeah it’s really weird. Unplugged it is fine. As soon as I plug it it I can hear it click and it’s back locked.

Sounds like the switch is applying voltage all the time. Disconnect both batteries for a bit then reconnect them. Maybe the computer is just hosed. Check for voltage with a volt meter at the end of the plug running from the vehicle harness. There should be none when the lockers are off. Also if you have a tazer try restoring everything back to factory and unmarry it then see what you have. The JL control modules have a mind of their own sometimes. [emoji51]

WiscoHR

Sounds like the switch is applying voltage all the time. Disconnect both batteries for a bit then reconnect them. Maybe the computer is just hosed. Check for voltage with a volt meter at the end of the plug running from the vehicle harness. There should be none when the lockers are off. Also if you have a tazer try restoring everything back to factory and unmarry it then see what you have. The JL control modules have a mind of their own sometimes. [emoji51]

Yeah that’s the plan tomorrow... Hopefully it goes back to normal.

WiscoHR

Eager to hear if that helps to fix things.

Well now I’m really confused. Just went out to the JL, turned ignition to run without starting. Went and plugged rear axle back in. No click from the locker. So, started the Jeep no check locker system message anymore and it’s back to normal.

Not sure if it finally reset itself after being off for a longer period. So, I’m going to take it for a ride now and see what happens.