Evo coil lean

Jesse_01

JLUR has 3.5" Evo coils. They are part numbers for each coil to which corner they go on.

It has a 1" lean to the passenger side. I know some people have mentioned theirs leaned to the driver side stock.

I thought about maybe swapping the coils from side to side even though it would be against the install instructions.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

JLUR has 3.5" Evo coils. They are part numbers for each coil to which corner they go on.

It has a 1" lean to the passenger side. I know some people have mentioned theirs leaned to the driver side stock.

I thought about maybe swapping the coils from side to side even though it would be against the install instructions.

The coil coding (indexing) will be off if you do that I bet. Does it lean with you in it? Have you driven it around a tad to let everything settle?

Sent via....

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Can you take measurements of this from a fixed point on the frame to the ground on both sides and post up what you're seeing?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The coil coding (indexing) will be off if you do that I bet. Does it mean with you in it? Have you driven it around a tad to let everything settle?

Sent via....

I was wondering about the indexing. I agree that driving a bit around is what should be done. Springs will settle in and I would let these do that first.

Jesse_01

Have driven about 2000 miles & 3 wheeling trips. I was going to compare measurements with a full tank of fuel & low fuel.

On a side note. Have you guys noticed if the driver has no seat belt on the Jeep will not move.

When the wife stops to get out & open the gate at our driveway. She has to put her seat belt on when she gets back in. If not the Jeep won't move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Have driven about 2000 miles & 3 wheeling trips. I was going to compare measurements with a full tank of fuel & low fuel.

On a side note. Have you guys noticed if the driver has no seat belt on the Jeep will not move.

When the wife stops to get out & open the gate at our driveway. She has to put her seat belt on when she gets back in. If not the Jeep won't move.

I know it goes into Auto Park when the driver's door is open, but I am able to drive around on my property without the driver's seat belt on.

13_gecko_rubi

Not if she closes the door. It will move then too. People often don't fully close it

Sent via....

Jesse_01

Ahh okay. I will tell her that. She is really loving it. It is her first Jeep. I set the bar pretty high for her in what a DD Jeep can be [emoji23].

Jesse_01

What the leaned ended up being was the rear sway bar was off the rear & the front sway bar was broken.

So it had no sway bar, which caused it to lean. Put sway bars on & lean went away. Would of never thought that would of caused it..