Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard Top Headliner

Hard Top Headliner

Has anyone installed either the Mopar hard top headliners or another brand? Just wondering if it makes a difference. Living in the desert makes for a hot interior that takes forever for the AC to catch up.

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    I have hothead headliners in my JK and like them. However, the price of them has since gone up, but they are also far better than the JK ones of yesterday.

Knows a Thing or Two BillArnett's Avatar
    I have the Mopar ones installed in the factory. I suppose they help a bit with both noise and heat but I donít have anything to directly compare against. If they help, itís not much. My JL is still very hot in the sun.
    2018 JLUR Granite, 3.6L auto, all the goodies; ARB "Quad" on-board air, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5R17, Pro Comp Predator 17x8.5 wheels, Rubicon Express 2.5" lift, King remote res shocks, aFe Rock Basher exhaust, LoD Destroyer Shorty front & rear bumpers, LoD Signature rock sliders, Warn Zeon 10-S

I ended up getting them in my JK to help with the heat and I think they made a big difference in terms of my head feeling the heat from the top. So when I got the JL I got the Mopar ones.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Been Around the Block
    I added hotheads. Honestly, even if just for looks alone, Iíd do it again.

With that said, my wife and I think we notice an improvement in sound - but not enough for either of us to say with certainty that itís not placebo effect

Thanks for the responses. Hothead looks promising, even though it a bit more $. I know nothing is going to keep it cool, itís just that radiant heat that is killing me. A normal vehicle with a headliner seems to cool a little faster and hold that cool in. This will be a purchase before next summer.

FYI, My 2018 JLUR hard top came with the Mopar headliner. Iíve only had my new JL for a week, but itís been in the mid 90ís all week here. My previous Jeep was a 2017 JKUR HR hard top. In my opinion, the Mopar headliner keeps the radiant heat off of you head better than without. We were riding around for a few hours yesterday and really noticed that there was literally to radiant heat on our heads and the headliner was cool to the touch. We were riding with the a/c on and the windows down. Also, the Mopar headliner is on the top of the hard top as well as around the side windows and rear window.

I made my own headliner for my jku and I will do the same for the jlu. Hotheads is way too expensive and my buddy has it on his jkur. I used a temp gun and my panels were cooler than his inside. Thereís tons of write ups on DIY, itís actually very fun and you can choose any fabric you want. I spent maybe $70 and it helped a ton! If anyone needs links to what I used Iíll try and sum that up and pm you back.

I just recently added the mopar headliner to my hard top. I drove a stretch of highway and recorded video driving prior to installing the headliner then I installed it and took video down the same stretch of road about an hour later. There was a noticeable difference in sound. I'm planning on running them through my video editing software and comparing the sound levels. I can't comment on the heat however as the weather has gotten much cooler here in NY.

Ray

I notice a lot of help in the Texas heat. Since my head only sits about an inch from it, keeps me cooler for sure.

Sent from my [Note 8] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast