Whatcha Watchin'

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Just finished Altered Carbon on Netflix. Definitely in the vein of Blade Runner / Blade Runner 2049. Loved it, and looking forward to season 2.

9ba4abcd1383df5674d31aa392d1be79.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
That was pretty good. I enjoyed Mindhunter, also. I was hoping for a second season of both, but who knows when, or if that will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Altered Carbon has been green lit by Netflix for a second season, however Joel Kinnaman has been replaced by Anthony Mackie to play the main character Takeshi Kovacs.

Mindhunter is scheduled to return at the end of this year and should include Manson, Berkowitz, et. al.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
That show was weird. Kind of dry. I didn’t watch the whole series but like 4 episodes.

Same here, we watched two episodes and lost interest. I do keep hearing good things though with people anticipating a second season. I'll have to give it another go when I have more down time this winter.

It isn’t for everyone. My wife didn’t like it. She didn’t like Altered Carbon, either.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
On the other hand, something we have recently enjoyed together is Barry, on HBO. I think we only have the final episode left.

MV5BMjQyNDk0NTIyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTQ2Nzg4NDM@._V1_-768x1152.jpg

Hader is pretty damn good in this show.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I dumped all my HBO, and such. I still have cable, but I felt like I was paying an awful lot, for what I was getting.

We pretty much stream. Netflix and Prime. I have Comcast solely for internet. Recently the bill skyrocketed. When I went down to change my plan, I was able to save money by bundling Data, Cable, phone and free HBO. So now I get more and pay less. :crazyeyes: If I want data only, it costs me a fortune. :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: In the end it works out, because my wife and daughter have been enjoying the Food Network and the Cooking Channel. I refuse to use their phone service and have not activated it.

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Catching up on a few episodes of Black Mirror tonight. Grew up with The Twilight Zone,The Outer Limits, Creature Feature and Sci-fi Theater. This show really scratches that sort of itch.

Black_Mirror-font.jpg