JL WRANGLER LoD Signature Series ROCK SLIDERS Installed

jorgelrod

They look awesome! I love them on my JK, one of the best recommendations I followed on Wayalife right behind my ProRock

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn those look clean!!

Cheers,
Buggaboo

Thanks! :cool:

Those look great! I love my lod rear tire carrier. The more I see the JL, the more I see one in my future. It's cool to see all the aftermarket stuff coming out for it.

Resistance if futile, you will get a JL :D

Awesome, I look forward to your video!

Working on it now and hope to have it uploaded by Tuesday :yup:

Can you offer any advice as to how to make that drilling easier? It sounds easy enough. What's the catch?

The problem is that the hole is kind of high up on the frame rail and most drills are pretty big. Getting the hole on the outside is easy enough but if you want to drill straight through, the body of the drill makes contact with the pinch seam and that'll cause you to drill upward. If you want the hole on the inside of the frame rail to be level, you'll need to use a drill with a smaller profile or located and drill from the other side. I have a small right angle drill and was able to make it work for the most part but still ended up finishing up the hole from the other side. Cutting oil is a big help too.

Damn, those sliders look good and beefy! Jet Li is looking so effing good...

...that we just may have to trade. I'll even throw in a cool overhead CB mount I have coming my way.

LOL!! The look good and from experience on our JK, work well too :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We welded ours on, lol.

LOL!! That works even better :yup:

When installing mine one of the frame hole nuts separated from the frame (drivers side) and I had to cut the bolt and leave it empty.
Hope the strength will still be there. Didn’t use the optional bolts as I didn’t wanna drill either.

Really? Which nut if you don't mind me asking?

H9ey Eddie, why’d you do one optional bolt but not the other?

There are actually a total of 3 optional bolts you can install. On each rock slider, there the rear most bracket has 2 mount holes, one that has an existing hole to install a bolt on the driver side and one that uses the gas tank skid plate bolt. The second hole allows you to install a secondary bolt but again, you already have one bolt securing the bracket to the bottom of the frame. The 3rd bolt is up front on the passenger side frame rail. There's an existing hole on the driver side but not one on the passenger side. To me, without this extra bolt, there may not be enough support. I'll show all this in the video.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They look awesome! I love them on my JK, one of the best recommendations I followed on Wayalife right behind my ProRock

LOL!! Glad to hear I could be of help :cool:

Those do look great. Will probably be the next addition to my JL.

They take a while to get but in my opinion, well worth the wait. :yup:

I had to drill the frame on my JK a few times. I must concur... quality drill bits, cutting oil and patience.

Yes, cutting oil and if you only need to go through one side, a unibit helps a lot :yup:

Speshll K

HA, hard rock mining them out of the box!! I have LoD bumpers and sliders on the JK, unpacking their stuff is definitely a chore in itself. I will be putting LoDs stuff on the new JL when I get one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
HA, hard rock mining them out of the box!! I have LoD bumpers and sliders on the JK, unpacking their stuff is definitely a chore in itself. I will be putting LoDs stuff on the new JL when I get one.

:cheesy: You know what I'm talking about :D

Those look really sharp!! Can't wait to see you & Cindy test them out! :yup:

I hate to say it but they're almost too sharp as in, a part of me doesn't want to scratch them up :crazyeyes: :D

Those look great! Might go LOD on Tina’s jeep.

They look good, are built well, are easy to install, can be used as a step and are frame mounted sliders. :yup:

JAGS

Sliders look great. Being LoD, I know they are well made. I am waiting to see their destroyer series too.

Any concerns with those bolts on the bottom of the frame rail?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sliders look great. Being LoD, I know they are well made. I am waiting to see their destroyer series too.

Any concerns with those bolts on the bottom of the frame rail?

No more so than the bolts on the bottom of our JK which we've been beating up for over 11 years now. :crazyeyes:

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
LOD makes the best step slider out there! Lots of real estate for us big footed people lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Saw you comment on wayalife and filing the edge makes sense. Also dig the RH bolt head deals.

Read a little further on that thread and you'll see that a file might be the only thing you really need.:yup:

LOD makes the best step slider out there! Lots of real estate for us big footed people lol

LOL!! It is nice that they do have such a usable step. :cool: