JL JOURNAL : Off Road Testing of the Rancho Sport Lift on Deer Valley

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It was 11 years ago and almost to the day that Cindy and I came out to the Deer Valley Trail and to film our very first video. Back then, we came out to test a lift kit that we just installed, off road and in on our then, brand new 2007 Jeep JK Wrangler. And, I suppose it’s only fitting that we'd come here again to do pretty much the same, only this time, in our brand new Jeep JL Wrangler and with a Rancho Sport Lift installed. Of course, it's always a good idea to wheel with friends and as luck would have it, our good friends Adam and Tina were able to join in on the fun.

In addition to seeing just how well the JL Wrangler Rancho Sport Lift performs out on the trail, you'll also get to see us test our our WARN Zeon 10s winch as we got to help out an old CJ-7 that was stuck in a rut. And, because we never really go wheeling just for wheeling sake, you'll also get to see some of the beautiful scenery, wildflowers and even funky fluorescent fungus that we got to enjoy along the way.

We hope you enjoy our JL JOURNAL and we would love to hear your thoughts about it.

For those of you who are interested, the HITCH STINGER you see in the video is back in stock and you can order one by clicking on the link below:
BUY a WAYALIFE HITCH STINGER

:cool:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Busy at the movie theater tonight, but most definitely looking forward to watching this tomorrow. In all likelihood, it'll be much better than the movie I'm about to watch.

RustyE

The growth you all saw on the dead tree looks to be what’s called “chicken of the woods”. It’s an edible fungus (similar to wild morel mushrooms) and can be cooked and served as a delicacy. Not my kind of delicacy, but is worth lots of money if you find it in the wild.

Rusty

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The growth you all saw on the dead tree looks to be what’s called “chicken of the woods”. It’s an edible fungus (similar to wild morel mushrooms) and can be cooked and served as a delicacy. Not my kind of delicacy, but is worth lots of money if you find it in the wild.

Rusty

LOL!! I did some research on this and that is exactly what I found. Only, this was growing on a conifer and apparently, that can be poisonous or at the very least, cause a serious allergic reaction in some people. :icon_crazy:

NFRs2000NYC

Great vid, as usual. How would you compare this kit with the Dynatrac kit? Both seem like quality kits and you praised both, would be curious in hearing your side by side comparison (opinion.)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great vid, as usual. How would you compare this kit with the Dynatrac kit? Both seem like quality kits and you praised both, would be curious in hearing your side by side comparison (opinion.)

There really is no comparison. The Dynatrac kit costs twice as much and for a good reason. Their coils and shocks were developed to work together and they do a great job at it. Where the Dynatrac kit outshines the Rancho kit is on small imperfections in the road or on the trail. In these situations, the Dynatrac kit offers a much smoother ride. Maybe if the Rancho kit were running a set of 7000's or even 9000's, the ride would be better but the 5000's feel like they have a dead spot here. On bigger bumps, the Rancho kit does well but I still feel that the Dynatrac kit handles them better. Last but not least, the Dynatrac kit offers more flex.

Again, I look at this Rancho kit as being a much better option than coil spacers and shock extensions - NOT a higher end kit running proprietary coils and tuned monotube shocks. It rides and handles great for what it is and it might even feel better with higher end shocks. But then, it'd cost a lot more too.

TrailHunter

Cool History Being it's where you tested Moby.... Great Video.... You're making us nervous though, not running beefier Rock sliders... :eek: Awesome scenery. One day... I'll get there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool History Being it's where you tested Moby.... Great Video.... You're making us nervous though, not running beefier Rock sliders... :eek: Awesome scenery. One day... I'll get there.

LOL!! Just got something to fix the slider problem. Hoping to get a video on that soon :yup:

JTCO

Meme King
Another awesome video. Looks like fun. Is it normal to see a fawn this time of year up there? Around here, they are born in late spring and usually lose there spots by late June.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another awesome video. Looks like fun. Is it normal to see a fawn this time of year up there? Around here, they are born in late spring and usually lose there spots by late June.

More times than not, spring doesn’t come in these parts until July. This year in particular, we had a late winter and it didn’t come until March.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Four Flusher

LOL!! We finally got our LoD rockers in. :yup:

Great Video. Mine are on order. I was super happy with how the LOD destroyer bumper was packed for shipping, all the hardware was there and it bolted right up. Actually took me longer to take off the plastic bumper and move the fogs. The install reminded about how it took a sawsall and fiddling to get the LOD bumper on my '13 JKUR.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great Video. Mine are on order. I was super happy with how the LOD destroyer bumper was packed for shipping, all the hardware was there and it bolted right up. Actually took me longer to take off the plastic bumper and move the fogs. The install reminded about how it took a sawsall and fiddling to get the LOD bumper on my '13 JKUR.

It might take a while, did for us but it'll be worth the wait. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Mine are due to be delivered Tuesday 8/21. I'm hoping your install video is up before then :) (Though I really don't expect this to be a difficult job.)

Well, we are planning to release the video on it on Tuesday so, hopefully it'll be of some help to you.

Enjoyed the video, just like I knew I would.

Looking forward to the LOD slider review.

Glad you enjoyed the video and a review is coming soon :yup: