CB BAR - Jeep JL Wrangler NO DRILL / NO CUT Overhead CB Radio Mount INSTALLATION

Bibsoutdoors

Lol! Really, Really...oh man...I know there is one down in the handle, but thought this was another new fancy something I've never seen before.

Does this mean I have to turn in my man card???LOL!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JeepFan

Got my CB BAR Saturday to mount my race radio and love it! Super easy to install and the fit and finish is perfect. Just have to install the antenna and run power! :thumb:

20181006_124550.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Got my CB BAR Saturday to mount my race radio and love it! Super easy to install and the fit and finish is perfect. Just have to install the antenna and run power! :thumb:

Awesome!! Been getting a lot of people with race radios and HAM radios asking about if the CB BAR works with them. If you get a chance, could you take a pic from the inside looking up at the radio too? Thanks!

JeepFan

Awesome!! Been getting a lot of people with race radios and HAM radios asking about if the CB BAR works with them. If you get a chance, could you take a pic from the inside looking up at the radio too? Thanks!
Looks good! Did you get the cobra 29?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Here's a pic from inside the Jeep. The iCom Race Radio bracket holes line up perfectly with cb bar inner bolt holes.

I plan to mount an external speaker just as soon as I finish servicing my 2015 JK. [emoji3] 20181007_080012.jpeg20181007_080302.jpeg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a pic from inside the Jeep. The iCom Race Radio bracket holes line up perfectly with cb bar inner bolt holes.

I plan to mount an external speaker just as soon as I finish servicing my 2015 JK. [emoji3]

Awesome, thanks! Would you mind if I included these pics on our store so that people can see what it looks like with a Race Radio installed?

JeepFan

JeepFan

Holy cow, that came out great :thumb:

Thanks! It's works but, I'm not totally happy with it. I may make a bracket to move the speaker back just a bit. My main goal was to not drill any holes in your awesome CB BAR. I'll post pics of my setup when it's done.

Not having a JL yet, I just got around to checking this out. That is a really clean design! I like JeepFan’s external speaker idea, too.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Thanks! Agreed! Eddies design is awesome! It not only provides a great mount for a radio but, you have the option of mounting other devices to it as well. The speaker is important to me because the Cobra 75 mic speaker sucks so bad.

That external speaker came out great! I've got one, and didn't think I needed it, but now I'm going to see if it fits.

I'm sure you will be able to make it work. You may need to improvise a bracket of your own but, try not to drill any extra holes in the cb bar itself.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is this pretty hidden from outside view? Thanks

The CB BAR itself sits just in front of the sun visors and at the same level and is hardly noticeable inside or out. Whatever radio you use is pretty much the only thing you see.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Just ordered one. After using my handheld cb this weekend I want a mounted one. Handheld didn't have the range I needed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Honest question... will moving up from a handheld to a standard size unit increase range? I thought only antenna position and length would effectively do that. I thought that people moved from handhelds to standard size for improved audio output.

JTCO

Meme King
My handheld works fine but I have an external antenna. Without the external antenna, it blows. But I don't know if its range is better than a non-handheld.