Largest wheel/tire combo possible on a stock Sahara with no mofications. I.E no lift

esmall

I'm hoping to find a definitive answer on this question. I'm wondering what would be the largest tire/wheel combo I can get for an unmodified Sahara. I use it 99% as a daily driver and light off-roading. I am looking for a more aggressive look. From my research I've seen some setups with 285/70/17 or 285/75/17 and no lift. Tires that size on 18s seem to be a bit more expensive. Any advice, pictures, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for you help!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm hoping to find a definitive answer on this question. I'm wondering what would be the largest tire/wheel combo I can get for an unmodified Sahara. I use it 99% as a daily driver and light off-roading. I am looking for a more aggressive look. From my research I've seen some setups with 285/70/17 or 285/75/17 and no lift. Tires that size on 18s seem to be a bit more expensive. Any advice, pictures, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for you help!

The front fenders on a Sport and Sahara sit about 1.5" lower than a Rubicon. For daily driving, you should have no problems running a 285 (a big 33" tire). IF you disconnect your front sway bar links, you may see some minor rubbing at a full flex. This will depend on what tire make you get as they all measure a little different. 18's are an odd size, do yourself a favor and stick with 17's.

esmall

The front fenders on a Sport and Sahara sit about 1.5" lower than a Rubicon. For daily driving, you should have no problems running a 285 (a big 33" tire). IF you disconnect your front sway bar links, you may see some minor rubbing at a full flex. This will depend on what tire make you get as they all measure a little different. 18's are an odd size, do yourself a favor and stick with 17's.

Thanks!!!!
:thumb:

esmall

One more question, do I have to be concerned with any weight issues on the tailgate?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
One more question, do I have to be concerned with any weight issues on the tailgate?

Not with a 285. That's what comes on a Rubicon. What you do need to make sure of is that the rubber isolators press firmly against the sidewall of the spare.