Metalcloak lift - Game Changer??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m interested. I’m fine with bare steel.

The version Mel had in the 4 video looked intriguing.

:cheesy: Mel was running a hitch without the ball and turned upside down. He bolted a block of wood on top to help hold the tire. Unfortunately, it didn't extend far enough and so he almost jacked up his tailgate again when the lip of the spare caught a ledge. Still interested in it?

JAGS

:cheesy: Mel was running a hitch without the ball and turned upside down. He bolted a block of wood on top to help hold the tire. Unfortunately, it didn't extend far enough and so he almost jacked up his tailgate again when the lip of the spare caught a ledge. Still interested in it?

Lol. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] well, still is intriguing. 🤣

I could barely see but a shadow. Simply noticed it was low profile....maybe too low profile. [emoji6]Any stinger would need to extend to end of the spare.

Still interested in the idea you have going. Again, bare steel is just fine.

BillArnett

Depends on the tire carrier. If it's a bumper mounted one, it's not necessary at all. If it's a tailgate mounted one or one that's still connected to the tailgate, I'd still recommend you carry one and use it in extreme situations.

I have seen TONS of spare tires attached to frame mounted bumper/tire carriers take severe hits on ledges and being dragged along on climbs and without experiencing ANY of the issues you've just described. The only damage I've seen happen and a LOT I might add, is to tailgates and rear glass windows on tailgate mounted spares.

What about ones like EVO's (assuming he'll have one for the JL that works with the backup camera)? It's body mounted but it looks a lot stronger than the stock tailgate mounted one. That's what you have on Rubicat, right?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What about ones like EVO's (assuming he'll have one for the JL that works with the backup camera)? It's body mounted but it looks a lot stronger than the stock tailgate mounted one. That's what you have on Rubicat, right?

Rubicat and Moby and they're crazy strong. Taken plenty of hits and without any problems.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just to update all of you, the first batch of stingers have been made. I should note that these are not only made in the USA and here in Carson City, NV, they also are made by veterans. For those of you who'll want powder coating, I just got a quote today and it will cost an additional $15. I will try to get photos posted up tomorrow and will try to get these added to our store as soon as possible.