Jl rock sliders

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Been looking at getting some new rocker armor for the Rubicon. Been looking at the LOD signature series but was wondering if there are any other recommendations.

LoD is what I'll be running and mainly because I've run them on my JK's before and found them to get the job done and well.

Mudster

They're a great idea for sure, look good too but kinda pricey for something that is designed to get beat up and doesn't always work once they do get beat up. But, I realize that not everyone will use their Jeep the way I would.

Been to 2 JJ USA's in Moab and have seen quite a few jeeps with them and they hold up well.

Jeep will be my wife's and she needs it for clients etc. will be havin great fun with it but don't expect any hard slams on them. You never know though. We will see

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Been to 2 JJ USA's in Moab and have seen quite a few jeeps with them and they hold up well.

Jeep will be my wife's and she needs it for clients etc. will be havin great fun with it but don't expect any hard slams on them. You never know though. We will see

It wouldn't be the massive sandstone slabs that you find out in Moab and that you'd drop on that I'd be concerned with, it'd be the kind of boulders that you'd find on something like that Rubicon and that'd punch into the side of them. But, make no mistake, I'm not trying to knock your decision to get these or question your need for them - I simply think they're kind of spendy and for how I use my Jeeps. :yup:

Mudster

Got em installed. Don't expect to be banging on them hard this winter. Will add the armor skins in the spring. IMG_8535.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MrGiant

You drill your body to get bolts through and mount the skin. So you destroy the paint and conservation layers underneath, that will lead to rust if you dont treat your drillholes. And water can get in your jeep, if you just bolt the skin on without sealing the bolt

Sent from my SM-G950F using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

You drill your body to get bolts through and mount the skin. So you destroy the paint and conservation layers underneath, that will lead to rust if you dont treat your drillholes. And water can get in your jeep, if you just bolt the skin on without sealing the bolt

You just put a dab of rtv on the nutserts when you put them in. I also painted the holes after drilling before rtv. I ran a bead of rtv along the top of the armor too when I put it on to mitigate water some and also act as a vibration damper to the body. It is a risk to your point but it isn't a huge risk is done right. The inner body panels are ecoated as well, it's not like it's bare metal in there.

Sent via....

MrGiant

Ok, that sounds good. Of course all panels are coated but all get drilled for the install. I have been asking myself quite a while now how the jk owners with skins install them. Thanks for the info on that!

GrayBeard

Installed my LoD Destroyer Slider/Steps today. It was a super easy install, even with 3 holes to drill. Taking our time, it took us a little less than 1.5 hours. It fit perfectly and appears to very sturdy.

My hat is off to LoD for a superbly American made product[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]20181126_140512.jpeg20181126_140525.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app