Removal of back seat

2008jk

Can the short side of the back seat of a JLU be removed individually like in the JKU and leave the long side in?

Buggaboo

You might be the only person trying it at this point. Would be interesting to know though.

Cheers,
Buggaboo

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Well, somebody has to be the first. Do you have a JL yet? If so, give it a shot. If not, take one for a test drive and give it a shot as soon as you're out of sight. Lol.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I suspect with only two posts and a name like 2008jk, the OP doesn't have a JL and is probably just planning for the future.

2008jk

Yes this is true, I do not have a new JL yet. I always take out the short side of the seat in the JK when I go on longer trips (just a couple of bolts and a small nut). It adds a lot of extra space and still leaves an extra seat if needed to get a spotter up the trail when they end up at the back of the line ;)

Shots

I'm a little confused by this. Why not just fold that section down? Wouldn't that give you the desired storage space, without the extra effort?
As I understand it, in the JK you had to move the driver seat forward a hair to fold it down, but they corrected that on the JL. If that was the reason for taking the seat out, you won't need to if/when you get a JL. If there is some other reason, I'm just missing the point. Certainly possible, since I'm new to the Wrangler.