Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 243

Thread: Waiting...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Moderator Piginajeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bear Valley Springs, CAM
    Posts
    670

    Waiting...

    Who else is waiting for the new truck?

    Iím really trying to avoid reading anything on this forum. I donít want to get excited and buy the JL. The wait is killing me slowly.


    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)

  2. #2
    Moderator Piginajeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bear Valley Springs, CAM
    Posts
    670
    I must be it !!


    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)

  3. #3
    Old Timer doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,664
    I'll wait with you, but only because you have an FC.

  4. #4
    Fresh Catch Shadow's_Jepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Keizer, Oregon
    Posts
    48
    I'm also waiting to the JTWrangler pickup before I make a decision to by.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Shadow's_Jeep

  5. #5
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    6,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Piginajeep View Post
    Who else is waiting for the new truck?

    Iím really trying to avoid reading anything on this forum. I donít want to get excited and buy the JL. The wait is killing me slowly.


    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    It's getting closer for sure but the real question is, will you be able to hold out for a diesel or will you just settle for a gas motor?

  6. #6
    Moderator Piginajeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bear Valley Springs, CAM
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    It's getting closer for sure but the real question is, will you be able to hold out for a diesel or will you just settle for a gas motor?
    Iím not sure I want to deal with diesel repair prices and finding diesel when we are out exploring.




    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)

  7. #7
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    6,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Piginajeep View Post
    Iím not sure I want to deal with diesel repair prices and finding diesel when we are out exploring.
    Damn - you're actually using some decent logic here!

    I was really wanting a diesel but I don't think it'll be available for at least another year or two. I don't know if I could wait that long.

  8. #8
    Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by Piginajeep View Post
    I’m not sure I want to deal with diesel repair prices and finding diesel when we are out exploring.




    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    We own the "problematic" diesel GC, and we are about to click over 90,000 miles. We had never had ANY issues with anything drivetrain related. The only issue was an axle recall that we replaced (didn't actually have any issues) during a routine oil change. All this was withOUT the green diesel engineering tune which really cleans up the carbon deposit by a massive margin and with all emission systems in place. We do have the maxcare 120k warranty on it, but never had to use it (knock on wood.) As for finding diesel, the range, even with a small spare fuel rotopax is probably double of a gasser, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. I will concede parts cost and complexity, but I'm still holding out, despite the fact that eddie doesn't make it easy lol. Owning a JK definitely helps since I still have a jeep to play with. Having said all that, me personally, I'll take the diesel over the 2.0 any day of the week....Im much more comfortable with the diesel over the 48v system. (talking about the JL)
    Last edited by NFRs2000NYC; 03-28-2019 at 12:52 PM.

  9. #9
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mom's Basement
    Posts
    3,526
    Drove by the dealer today, no Gladiators. So I said a nice prayer. Still no Gladiators. So then I blood sacrificed a goat. Yet still no Gladiators appeared. Then the fuckers had the nerve to ask me to leave the sales lot

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Drove by the dealer today, no Gladiators. So I said a nice prayer. Still no Gladiators. So then I blood sacrificed a goat. Yet still no Gladiators appeared. Then the fuckers had the nerve to ask me to leave the sales lot
    You are going to be a train wreck by Sunday night.

    I hope you don't have any important work to do Monday, because I know you will be up all night with the release of the pricing, and then up as soon as you recover to head to the dealer.
    His: 2015 JKUR

    Hers: 2018 JLUR

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •