The Movie Thread

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Aquaman
The Year of the Drago, the return of 406 and the rise of Aquabro...

Despite the fact that either I didn't want to like or didn't expect like this movie, I enjoyed myself. James Wan went all-in to create an underworld environment that is really something neat to see on the big screen. This movie never takes itself too seriously and is at times over-the-top goofy, but lends itself well to stuffing mass quantities of popcorn in your face, turning off your brain and just enjoying the ride.
C

aquaman_xlg-768x1138.jpg

aquaman_ver22_xlg-768x1120.jpg

aquaman_ver17_xlg-768x1138.jpg

ddays v2

Aquaman
The Year of the Drago, the return of 406 and the rise of Aquabro...

Despite the fact that either I didn't want to like or didn't expect like this movie, I enjoyed myself. James Wan went all-in to create an underworld environment that is really something neat to see on the big screen. This movie never takes itself too seriously and is at times over-the-top goofy, but lends itself well to stuffing mass quantities of popcorn in your face, turning off your brain and just enjoying the ride.
C

We saw this over the weekend - pretty cool movie - wife and I both enjoyed it. Looks like DC may have finally figured out the Marvel formula :yup:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
We saw this over the weekend - pretty cool movie - wife and I both enjoyed it. Looks like DC may have finally figured out the Marvel formula :yup:

Yeah, people are loving this movie. It's making bank at the box office. We saw it Sunday morning at 10 a.m. in a large Cinemark theater, and it was packed! One of my favorite parts was the scene below. People audibly gasped.

aquaman-ocean-battle.jpg

GCM 2.0

I just had a chance to watch “White Boy Rick”.......good movie, but holy cow! If you want to see something that will depress you, and alternatively make you realize how whatever life you have is pretty awesome, well this is your movie.

wibornz

I just had a chance to watch “White Boy Rick”.......good movie, but holy cow! If you want to see something that will depress you, and alternatively make you realize how whatever life you have is pretty awesome, well this is your movie.

I know White Boy Rick. He is a dick.

wibornz

We watched Aquaman. I thought there was no way they could make Aquaman cool. They pulled it off. It was a very entertaining movie. It is one that when it comes on TV, you will watch it over and over.

wibornz

Overlord
Sill in the theatres. If you can catch it, it's a fun movie after a couple of beers. The aerial War scenes in the beginning are absolutely fantastic. It's a low-budget film, but still entertaining.
B

View attachment 7435

View attachment 7436

View attachment 7437

(Sorry about all the movie posters. I've got a bit of a movie poster addiction. I can't seem to get enough of them, and have collected way too many. Lol.)

I thought this was a great movie. Suspenseful from the beginning to the end.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Glass
Despite critical reviews, this is another movie that I enjoyed. I thought Willis, Jackson and McAvoy were great. Some people didn't like the ending(s), but I was fine with it. My wife liked it even more than I did.
C+

glass_ver18_xlg-768x960.jpg

glass_xlg-768x1216.jpg

glass_ver2_xxlg-768x1137.jpg