The Movie Thread

dixonk

Got a chance to watch the Avengers End Game this afternoon. Pretty good movie. Word of advice. Pee before going in. Pee one more time for good measure. Over 3 hours long. I couldn’t find one decent spot to sneak out to use the bathroom during the movie either.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Avengers: Endgame
Had I posted this review on Thursday, my score would have been lower. Although the runtime tops 181 minutes, rewatchability is very high. Repeat viewings have resulted in the score that I present today. Beginning with Iron Man over a decade ago, Avengers: Endgame is the culmination of a 22 episode arc known as the Infinity Saga. Although you do not need to have seen all 21 previous films to enjoy Endgame, you need to have seen at least a select few to appreciate what is presented here. For those like my family who have invested the time to see all previous movies (multiple times), Avengers: Endgame sticks the landing and delivers a very satisfying conclusion.
A

avengers_endgame_xxlg-768x1137.jpg

avengers_endgame_ver58_xxlg-1024x724.jpg

avengers_endgame_ver36_xlg-768x1136.jpg

avengers_endgame_ver59_xlg-1024x724.jpg

avengers_endgame_ver37_xlg-768x1138.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
booksmart
Liked this movie a lot. Watching the friendship between Beanie Feldstein and Kaitlyn Dever as the films two protagonists is worth the price of admission.
B+

booksmart_xxlg-768x1138.jpg

booksmart_ver3_xxlg-768x1097.jpg

booksmart_ver2_xxlg-768x1138.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Godzilla: King of the Monsters
The name of my Jeep is Gojira, with badging that proudly proclaims Kaiju Edition. With that said, this movie was a huge disappointment... bombastic, preposterous and uninspiring. I cared nothing for the monsters or the humans. Five of us went to see the movie, and three nodded off.
D-

godzilla_king_of_the_monsters_ver3_xxlg-768x1107.jpg

godzilla_king_of_the_monsters_ver10_xxlg-768x1101.jpg

godzilla_king_of_the_monsters_ver23_xxlg-768x1101.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Aladdin (2019)
Despite lacking in positive critical reviews, my family and I enjoyed this movie. Good family entertainment and a welcomed diversion from the cast that persists on my left leg.
B

aladdin_xxlg-768x1138.jpg

aladdin_ver8_xxlg-768x1122.jpg

aladdin_ver4_xxlg-768x1099.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
The Kid Who Would Be King
Missed this one the first time around, but was able to catch it the other day. Overall a pretty fun family film.
B+

kid_who_would_be_king_xxlg-768x1138.jpg

kid_who_would_be_king_ver2_xxlg-768x1138.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Toy Story 4
This franchise was perfectly wrapped up with Toy Story 3. However, although this movie was not necessary, it was not bad either.
B-

toy_story_four_ver20_xlg-768x960.jpg

toy_story_four_ver19_xlg-768x1085.jpg

toy_story_four_ver12_xlg-768x1087.jpg.