The Movie Thread

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Not the best Spider-Man film of all time, but still enjoyable. Definitely the Spider-Man of my daughter's generation.
B+

spiderman_far_from_home_ver3_xlg-768x1138.jpg

spiderman_far_from_home_ver4_xxlg-768x1138.jpg

spiderman_far_from_home_ver5_xlg-768x1138.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
The Lion King (2019)
Nearly the same story with a few well-deserved changes. I had a difficult time enjoying this movie as I found myself focusing on the technical aspects of the (incredible) photo-realistic presentation rather than becoming fully immersed in the story itself.
B

lion_king_ver3_xlg-768x1092.jpg

lion_king_ver19_xxlg-768x1123.jpg

lion_king_ver16_xxlg-768x1097.jpg

lion_king_ver21_xlg-768x1097.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Admittedly I've never been a huge fan of Top Gun, in fact I only watch it for the beach volleyball scene. That being said, this trailer was done very well.

MrGiant

I really dont know what I think about it.....the original cannot be beat

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I really dont know what I think about it.....the original cannot be beat

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

Are you referring to the beach volleyball scene? Looks like they've got a beach football scene in this one. Maybe Travolta will make an appearance. 😉

MrGiant

Are you referring to the beach volleyball scene? Looks like they've got a beach football scene in this one. Maybe Travolta will make an appearance. [emoji6]
That would be cool. Maybe they read it over here and add it[emoji16]

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Once Upon A Time In... Hollywood
Tarantino is one of the last event directors in Hollywood right now. You don't see Tarantino movies because of the content, you see Tarantino movies because it's Tarantino. This film is beautifully shot and filled with fantastic Tarantinoesque moments. Brad Pitt absolutely owns every single scene that he is in. Pitt in the boat, Pitt and the dog, Pitt with Bruce Lee, Pitt and the hitcher, Pitt on the ranch... all priceless. There is however something. Something that rubs me the wrong way. Something that Tarantino has done previously, in another film, that prevents me from fully immersing myself into the world of that film. I'm not sure that I will find resolution this time around, but I'm certain to watch this movie again.
A-

once_upon_a_time_in_hollywood_xlg.jpg

once_upon_a_time_in_hollywood_ver7_xlg-768x1138.jpg

once_upon_a_time_in_hollywood_ver8_xlg-768x1152.jpg

once_upon_a_time_in_hollywood_ver30_xlg.jpg

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark
Just returned home from this movie. It was a pretty fun watch, but why it wasn't released in the fall is beyond me. Definitely a gateaway horror movie for younger viewers to cut their fangs... er... teeth on.
B

scary_stories_to_tell_in_the_dark_xlg-768x1138.jpg

scary_stories_to_tell_in_the_dark_ver5_xlg-768x1025.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Ready Or Not
A fun movie, deserving of a full bucket of corn. Action, thriller, comedy and horror all wrapped up in a nice and tight 94 minute package.
B

ready_or_not_xlg-768x1145.jpg

ready_or_not_ver3_xlg-768x1139.jpg