The Movie Thread

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Anybody seen a good movie lately?
Or a bad one? :icon_crazy:

My most recent theater experience was a double feature consisting of "Sorry To Bother You” and my second viewing of “Sicario: Day Of The Soldado”. If you haven't seen either movie, I would recommend both. Especially Sicario.

My next outing will be this Tuesday - Blood Fest, sponsored by Fathom Events. I'll let you know how it goes. :(

Also... besides Jeep mods, I've recently developed a serious problem with movie posters. :crazyeyes:

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure it's just me getting old but I can't get myself to go to the movies anymore and really, it's a shame because I used to love going all the time. Seems that everything is just a remake, reboot or a superhero remake or reboot. If anything, I just wait to rent something and watch it at home. That being said, I can't recall the last time I watched anything memorable. :crazyeyes:

Piginajeep

I'm sure it's just me getting old but I can't get myself to go to the movies anymore and really, it's a shame because I used to love going all the time. Seems that everything is just a remake, reboot or a superhero remake or reboot. If anything, I just wait to rent something and watch it at home. That being said, I can't recall the last time I watched anything memorable. :crazyeyes:

I agree, you are old.

2012 JK8
1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)

Zevulin

Anybody seen a good movie lately?
Or a bad one? :icon_crazy:

My most recent theater experience was a double feature consisting of "Sorry To Bother You” and my second viewing of “Sicario: Day Of The Soldado”. If you haven't seen either movie, I would recommend both. Especially Sicario.

My next outing will be this Tuesday - Blood Fest, sponsored by Fathom Events. I'll let you know how it goes. :(

Also... besides Jeep mods, I've recently developed a serious problem with movie posters. :crazyeyes:

The original SICARIO with Benicio del Toro and Emily Blunt from 2015 was an outstanding film that not many people are aware of, a must see if you haven’t! I haven’t seen the current one.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
The original SICARIO with Benicio del Toro and Emily Blunt from 2015 was an outstanding film that not many people are aware of, a must see if you haven’t! I haven’t seen the current one.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

MosDef. Deserved an Oscar nod that year. Denis Villeneuve has been rumored to return for the third and final installment, but he's busy working on a remake of Frank Herbert's Dune right now.

The Equalizer 2 is a good one. I just saw it the other night.

Rusty

Yeah, it's hard to go wrong with Denzel. It it did pretty well at the box office. Well enough for Fuqua to consider a third one.

Seems that everything is just a remake, reboot or a superhero remake or reboot.

I don't know what you're talking about.:D

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
My family and I geek out on lots of stuff including Star Wars, so I was pretty jacked to find these in the trash at work the other day. For those in the know they are the OT and not the special editions. Great addition to our collection of movie stuff.

20180811_230833-1280x960.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
My buddies and I went to see Blood Fest last night. It revolves around a festival where people gather to celebrate horror movie genres. When the horror turns real, a handful of guests try to escape by following general horror movie tropes and rules. While the movie is not great by any definition, the overall theatrical experience was fun. The movie was purposefully shot to be campy, cheesy and funny. The theater we saw it in was packed, with people talking, laughing and yelling at the screen. If one was it take this movie seriously, you would be sorely disappointed. If anything, this movie may have a slim chance of becoming a cult classic. 5/10.

MV5BYjA1YWQ1MTUtY2JkYi00YTIxLThkMTUtZTUwYmEwYWJhNzdhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzE3ODc1NA@@._V1_-792x1104.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Watching this tonight. Saw it a half dozen times in the theater, but picked this up the other day and have been looking forward to watching it home. Love this movie and looking forward to part two. 9.5/10

20180815_225748-768x1024.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My buddies and I went to see Blood Fest last night. It revolves around a festival where people gather to celebrate horror movie genres. When the horror turns real, a handful of guests try to escape by following general horror movie tropes and rules. While the movie is not great by any definition, the overall theatrical experience was fun. The movie was purposefully shot to be campy, cheesy and funny. The theater we saw it in was packed, with people talking, laughing and yelling at the screen. If one was it take this movie seriously, you would be sorely disappointed. If anything, this movie may have a slim chance of becoming a cult classic. 5/10.

I can honestly say that I've never heard of this movie :crazyeyes:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I can honestly say that I've never heard of this movie :crazyeyes:

I hadn't heard of it either until my buddy told me he had tickets. It was a one- night party showing put on by Fathom Events. It was really a movie event combined with a beer fest. Honestly, the beer goggles helped a lot.

Last edited:

wibornz

I go to the theater two to four times a month. The new Mission Impossible is great, Equalizer Ii was great, The Meg is the best shark moive Ever. Will be seeing Datk Minds soon.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I go to the theater two to four times a month.

Groovy. My buddies and I have a movie club and try to go weekly as well.

The Meg is the best shark moive Ever.

Umm... That's a pretty bold statement. In your excitement I think that you may have forgotten a certain little fella that went by the name of Bruce.

MV5BMmVmODY1MzEtYTMwZC00MzNhLWFkNDMtZjAwM2EwODUxZTA5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

I clearly remember my very first cinematic experience. It was the summer of 1975. The movie was Jaws. I was 5 years old and my teenage cousin's took me to see it at Leisureland Cinemas in Hamburg, New York. Scared the hell out of me. I wouldn't even swim in Lake Erie for years afterwards. I still had my ticket for that movie up until 2015 when we moved from Florida to Colorado. I kept it in a huge jar of tickets. I still have the jar with hundreds of tickets, but this particular ticket has mysteriously gone missing

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
The Meg is based on a series of books by Steve Alten. It was actually under development for about two decades, with many different people attached to it including Guillermo Del Toro and most recently Eli Roth. When Roth exited the project to direct Bruce Willis in Death Wish 2018 (talk about a pile of dog shit) it began to fall apart again. It was originally supposed to have an R rating when the majority of the main players signed up. Jason Statham and director Jon Turteltaub have both been quite vocal about their significant disappointment regarding the gutting of the film to achieve PG-13 rating.

wibornz

Groovy. My buddies and I have a movie club and try to go weekly as well.

Umm... That's a pretty bold statement. In your excitement I think that you may have forgotten a certain little fella that went by the name of Bruce.

View attachment 4442

I clearly remember my very first cinematic experience. It was the summer of 1975. The movie was Jaws. I was 5 years old and my teenage cousin's took me to see it at Leisureland Cinemas in Hamburg, New York. Scared the hell out of me. I wouldn't even swim in Lake Erie for years afterwards. I still had my ticket for that movie up until 2015 when we moved from Florida to Colorado. I kept it in a huge jar of tickets. I still have the jar with hundreds of tickets, but this particular ticket has mysteriously gone missing

I am very close to retirement. Old....er I am. I think The Meg was better than Jaws. Certainly way more fun.

I just got back from watching Mile 22. Nice action packed movie.... the way I like them. It is worth the watch. Lottsa action.