The Movie Thread

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Due to the recent death of Burt Reynolds one of our local cinemas screened Smokey And The Bandit tonight. Got to see it with my 12 year old and my wife. Cursing, smoking, reckless driving, whores, racism... good old 1970s family fun! And that Jackie Gleason... I had forgotten what a funny sumbitch he was.

81sU+tRzPqL._SL1500_.jpg

My daughter got to wear one of my wife's old t-shirts from when she used to run her Trans Am.
20180912_215814-768x1024.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Holy crap. Just saw Nic Cage channel Bruce Campbell in MANDY. This movie was nearly as bat-shit crazy as Mother. I'll give it a WTF/10

463b33d6e4f39674264dfe8cffbe7a07-768x1097.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Has anybody seen A Simple Favor? Just wondering how it is. Going to see that today on a lunch date with my wife, and then The House With A Clock In Its Walls tonight with the whole family.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
In the event that anybody is interested, A Simple Favor was a fun and relatively well-executed thriller. Watching Blake Lively's street-wise business woman juxtaposed against Anna Kendrick's sugary webinar mom was a real treat. 8/10.

23760_101241_ps_sd-high.jpg

The House With A Clock In Its Walls... Literally a snooze fest. Although my 12 year old enjoyed it, both my wife and I dozed off. LOL. Obviously kids are the target audience, but it shouldn't be that hard to make a movie the whole family can enjoy... or at least stay awake for. 4.5/10

MV5BMTk1MzM1ODEwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTE0OTA4NTM@._V1_-768x1216-600x950.jpg

JTCO

Meme King
In the event that anybody is interested, A Simple Favor was a fun and relatively well-executed thriller. Watching Blake Lively's street-wise business woman juxtaposed against Anna Kendrick's sugary webinar mom was a real treat. 8/10.

View attachment 5643

We saw this one last weekend. We don't go to the movies often, but yeah, this one was pretty good.

RustyE

I was highly surprised at how good A Simple Favor was, compared to what I was expecting it to be.

Rusty

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

View attachment 5643

The House With A Clock In Its Walls... Literally a snooze fest. Although my 12 year old enjoyed it, both my wife and I dozed off. LOL. Obviously kids are the target audience, but it shouldn't be that hard to make a movie the whole family can enjoy... or at least stay awake for. 4.5/10

View attachment 5645

I would watch just for Anna Kendrick.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Saw Bad Times At The El Royale. Pretty Tarantinoesque, which I liked but others may not. At 2hr 21min it would have benefitted at 30 minutes less. 7/10

__5b3568ad65c22-768x1138.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
My wife and I saw A Star Is Born (2018) this morning. This is a remake of a remake of a remake. I've seen all four - 1937, 1954, 1976, 2018. This is the best, hands down. Some really great and unexpected appearances by actors that you may not have seen in a minute. 9/10

MV5BMjE3MDQ0MTA3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDMwNDY2NTM@._V1_-768x1138.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
My family and I saw First Man tonight. Excellent movie. Although I was watching well known events from recorded history, I still found myself wondering if they were "going to make it". Rather than a history of the NASA space program, this story is an exploration of events that shaped and motivated Neil Armstrong throughout the Gemini and Apollo projects. Even after a summer of blockbusters, the Apollo 11 sequence was an amazing thing to witness on screen. The anticipation of the audience waiting to hear Armstrong utter the famous phrase as he steps off the LeM was nearly palpable. I recommend viewing in an IMAX or a Dolby Atmos theater to fully appreciate the sound design. 8.5/10

fmn-tsr1sheet10-rgb-1-5b1aa5fa1a51e-1-768x1216.jpg

Mud Bug

I rarely get to see new movies. We have 4 kids who all want drinks and snacks so we spend roughly $200 to go to the theater and see a movie. I have to wait for things to come to rental :(