Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd brake light ideas!

Fresh Catch

3rd brake light ideas!

I bought a few parts from the Mopar counter the other day and among them was the 3rd brake light relocation kit. This kit sounded good, moving the 3rd light to the front of the spare as I was soon to mount 37's. Only problem was the amount of work to take off the spare was annoying, unbolt the bracket, unbolt the light, unclip the light, feed the wire through the rim, tuck the wire out of the way. It also looked bad to me as it stuck out the back of the rim 5 inches. So I drilled the new bracket with the Jeep grill and drilled the tire mount, I think it's magnesium because it drilled like butter. Drilled a hole for the wires to be hidden and now it's behind the rim shinning through!
    IMG_20180806_192519.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Knows a Thing or Two doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Will you be using your stock wheels with the 37s?

Edit - nevermind, saw on another thread that you will be.
    Last edited by doubletapdaddy; 08-09-2018 at 09:11 PM.

Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Fresh Catch
    I'm going to try and only do 1 mod at a time. So wheels might come later.

Caught the Bug
    Why move it? I kept it where it was with the 37's

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by BillEngland View Post
    I bought a few parts from the Mopar counter the other day and among them was the 3rd brake light relocation kit. This kit sounded good, moving the 3rd light to the front of the spare as I was soon to mount 37's. Only problem was the amount of work to take off the spare was annoying, unbolt the bracket, unbolt the light, unclip the light, feed the wire through the rim, tuck the wire out of the way. It also looked bad to me as it stuck out the back of the rim 5 inches. So I drilled the new bracket with the Jeep grill and drilled the tire mount, I think it's magnesium because it drilled like butter. Drilled a hole for the wires to be hidden and now it's behind the rim shinning through!
    IMG_20180806_192519.jpg
    Awesome idea. How far back front the front edge of the tire carrier did you mount the 3rd tail light.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 35x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires (Jeep is on Order as of 01-23-18, Ship Date 02-12-18, Delivery Date none yet)

Fresh Catch

I just eyeballed it and got lucky. (Seriously) looks about 38cm. (Inch and a half) I think.

No way, that's awesome - great job! This is a much better solution than how Mopar wants you to install it especially being that it can be a pain to remove just to get your spare off.

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by offcamber View Post
    Why move it? I kept it where it was with the 37's

Sorry for the hijack but this is one of the sexiest Jeeps I've seen. We went with a white JLUR because we have a black TJ. Your pictures make me regret that decision.

Sent from my XT1575 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

IMG_20180806_192519.jpg
    That came out clean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast