Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Mirrors

Fresh Catch

Power Mirrors

Tried to adjust my mirrors today and they do not work. I have had my doors off but canít verify they were working before that. All the windows and buttons work on the panels. Where should I start looking. I did reseat the plugs with no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Nothing but a Thing doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Check for loose pins within the plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Check for loose pins within the plugs.
    This ^^^^ More than likely, the plug just isn't seated 100%

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    This ^^^^ More than likely, the plug just isn't seated 100%
    They all looked good to me but what do I know. Any idea of which wire color. I am thinking itís in the drivers side door because both mirrors wonít adjust.

Fresh Catch
    Just checked the passenger side door and it definitely had some bent pins. I straightened them out and it still doesnít work. I donít know how I could have Bent the pins. Hereís hoping to warranty work without an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf1096 View Post
    Just checked the passenger side door and it definitely had some bent pins. I straightened them out and it still doesnít work. I donít know how I could have Bent the pins. Hereís hoping to warranty work without an issue.
    The down side to having plugs that are designed for the most part, to get installed once but end up getting unplugged on a regular basis. You really need to be careful when plugging them back in and making sure you're not forcing it. Sounds like the wiring on one or more of the pins got damaged. Hope you're able to get it fixed without too much issue.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    The down side to having plugs that are designed for the most part, to get installed once but end up getting unplugged on a regular basis. You really need to be careful when plugging them back in and making sure you're not forcing it. Sounds like the wiring on one or more of the pins got damaged. Hope you're able to get it fixed without too much issue.
    Only has 1800 miles and 1000 was the trip home so I donít think I will have to much issue. Itís going in Wednesday.

They all looked good to me but what do I know. Any idea of which wire color. I am thinking it’s in the drivers side door because both mirrors won’t adjust.

Just checked the passenger side door and it definitely had some bent pins. I straightened them out and it still doesn’t work. I don’t know how I could have Bent the pins. Here’s hoping to warranty work without an issue.

I can verify that even if the driver's door is plugged in appropriately, the mirrors will not work if the passenger door is not properly connected.

Fresh Catch

Power Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    I can verify that even if the driver's door is plugged in appropriately, the mirrors will not work if the passenger door is not properly connected.
    Thatís good to know. I bet all my problems lie in the passenger side door harness then. I thought I got them all back in working order but obviously I did not. I never had this problem in my jk and probably forced it more than I should. Hopefully it will be a one time deal and not a weak design flaw.
    Last edited by Alf1096; 08-12-2018 at 01:40 PM.

I had my doors off for the weekend. When I reconnected the plugs, I was thinking of this thread. I put the driver's door on first and tested the mirrors. Nothing worked and I was freaked out. It wasn't until I connected the passenger door plug that everything worked. Fingers crossed you get this fixed quickly and drama-free as possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast