Power Mirrors

Alf1096

Tried to adjust my mirrors today and they do not work. I have had my doors off but can’t verify they were working before that. All the windows and buttons work on the panels. Where should I start looking. I did reseat the plugs with no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Alf1096

Just checked the passenger side door and it definitely had some bent pins. I straightened them out and it still doesn’t work. I don’t know how I could have Bent the pins. Here’s hoping to warranty work without an issue.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just checked the passenger side door and it definitely had some bent pins. I straightened them out and it still doesn’t work. I don’t know how I could have Bent the pins. Here’s hoping to warranty work without an issue.

The down side to having plugs that are designed for the most part, to get installed once but end up getting unplugged on a regular basis. You really need to be careful when plugging them back in and making sure you're not forcing it. Sounds like the wiring on one or more of the pins got damaged. Hope you're able to get it fixed without too much issue.

Alf1096

The down side to having plugs that are designed for the most part, to get installed once but end up getting unplugged on a regular basis. You really need to be careful when plugging them back in and making sure you're not forcing it. Sounds like the wiring on one or more of the pins got damaged. Hope you're able to get it fixed without too much issue.

Only has 1800 miles and 1000 was the trip home so I don’t think I will have to much issue. It’s going in Wednesday.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
They all looked good to me but what do I know. Any idea of which wire color. I am thinking it’s in the drivers side door because both mirrors won’t adjust.

I can verify that even if the driver's door is plugged in appropriately, the mirrors will not work if the passenger door is not properly connected.

Alf1096

I can verify that even if the driver's door is plugged in appropriately, the mirrors will not work if the passenger door is not properly connected.

That’s good to know. I bet all my problems lie in the passenger side door harness then. I thought I got them all back in working order but obviously I did not. I never had this problem in my jk and probably forced it more than I should. Hopefully it will be a one time deal and not a weak design flaw.

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I had my doors off for the weekend. When I reconnected the plugs, I was thinking of this thread. I put the driver's door on first and tested the mirrors. Nothing worked and I was freaked out. It wasn't until I connected the passenger door plug that everything worked. Fingers crossed you get this fixed quickly and drama-free as possible.

Alf1096

Update

They have had it for 2 days and say all of the connections are good. Gonna call Jeep to see if it’s a programming issue. I told them to swap doors off of a different Jeep to see if it works. They acted like it was a good idea so let’s see if they do it.

I hope this is not the start of a long term problem

Alf1096

They said they believe it’s the body control module. For people smarter than me does this sound right or are they just throwing parts at it. The part is not available until sept 4. Jeep cares told me they don’t care and can’t get it to me any sooner.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

If they can move the mirrors with the computer then they’re on the right track & at least your wiring is good. It’s a warranty issue so just let it run it’s course.

Body Control Module would be a great name for an early 90s electro rock band. Who wants to join?