Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 61

Thread: JL JOURNAL : BETTER BOOST for Your BUDGET - RANCHO JL WRANGLER Sport Lift Kit

  1. #11
    Caught the Bug Alex4LO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    61
    It looked like it clear your 37ís , Iím sure this kit should clear 38ís as well


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  2. #12
    Old Timer doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    3,051
    Great video as usual. Just as you are amazed people cheap out and put a spacer lift on a $$$ Jeep, I'm always amazed they put on a Smittybilt Winch. Jet Li is sans skid plate. What's the scoop? Decided to just run the crash bar?

  3. #13
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    7,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex4LO View Post
    Great video!

    So Iím trying to keep up here.. you took off the evo 2.5Ē boost kit for the 2Ē rancho kit?
    The 2.5" coil spacers only yielded maybe 1.5" of lift up front after we installed our heavy steel front bumper and winch. Completely unloaded in the back, we only got about 2" of lift in the rear after installing our heavy 37" spare tire mounted on a heavy beadlock wheel. Loaded up, we only had about 1/2" of lift in the rear.

    These new Rancho coils are doing better to hold up the front end and while we didn't see a big difference up front, it is more than what we had before and in the rear, completely unloaded, we're actually sitting at just over 3" of lift. Completely loaded, we are still sitting at over 2" of lift and that makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE off road.

    Are things starting to become a bit more clear for you now?

    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Nice video. Hard to believe the entire kit is only 640 bucks, especially for a USA made quality kit.
    Thank you and couldn't agree more. For the price and for what all you get, it's definitely what I would consider to be a better budget boost.

  4. #14
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    7,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex4LO View Post
    It looked like it clear your 37ís , Iím sure this kit should clear 38ís as well
    Umm, not exactly. Our 37's rub a lot more at a full flex than before but not enough to tear off the fenders. Taller bumpstop extensions would be needed to help things along. There's no way this kit would clear 38's unless you removed the fender liners and more.

    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Great video as usual. Just as you are amazed people cheap out and put a spacer lift on a $$$ Jeep, I'm always amazed they put on a Smittybilt Winch. Jet Li is sans skid plate. What's the scoop? Decided to just run the crash bar?
    Yeah, I'm not gonna lie - we've never been a fan of how the LoD front bumper looks with the skid. It was just too much for us. We like this look a lot better - more utilitarian.

  5. #15
    Old Timer doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    3,051
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Yeah, I'm not gonna lie - we've never been a fan of how the LoD front bumper looks with the skid. It was just too much for us. We like this look a lot better - more utilitarian.
    I've got the same bumper and crash bar installed right now. I too have left off the skid as I'm liking the look the way it sits now.

  6. #16
    Guy with a Red 2-Door Cozdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    903
    Great video! Looks like it rides really nice and at a price point that isnít going to break the bank, even without the rebate! Canít wait for the next video with the wheeling footage!

  7. #17
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    7,241
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    I've got the same bumper and crash bar installed right now. I too have left off the skid as I'm liking the look the way it sits now.
    LOL!! The skid just makes the front end look... I don't know - BIG and in a way that isn't quite right with a "shorty". Without it, I think it looks just about right

    Quote Originally Posted by Cozdude View Post
    Great video! Looks like it rides really nice and at a price point that isnít going to break the bank, even without the rebate! Canít wait for the next video with the wheeling footage!
    Thanks and yes, even without the rebate, it's a hell of a deal especially being that it does it's job a LOT better than coil spacers and shock extensions.

  8. #18
    Thanks for the excellent, as always, video. Your two lift install video has inspired me to get a friend and tackle it.
    '18 Sting Gray JLUR

  9. #19
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    7,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Four Flusher View Post
    Thanks for the excellent, as always, video. Your two lift install video has inspired me to get a friend and tackle it.
    Awesome! Let me know if you have any questions.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Awesome! Let me know if you have any questions.
    Actually i have two. I've watched both of your excellent lift install videos. In the Rancho video you only used one floor jack under the front diff, is that because you weren't replacing the control arms? Also in the Rancho video, you showed unplugging the same plugs, but was there no need to use a trim tool to pop the cables off?

    Ps thanks for mentioning all the required tools, and torque specs
    '18 Sting Gray JLUR

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •