Factory Tow Package Drive Side Light Issue

Catwlcd

Hello all,

I have the factory tow pack on my Rubicon, when I went to camp this weekend i noticed that I had no driver side blinker or brake light on my trailer. I did have running lights on the drivers side, I check the fuses since it seems that brake and blinker a isolated by side (would have been nice if they place the fuses near each other) and they tested fine.

The dealer wants to say its a trailer issue but the lights work fine on my other tow vehicle.

Anyone have any idea where to look?

Thank you for any advise

JTCO

Meme King
Hello all,

I have the factory tow pack on my Rubicon, when I went to camp this weekend i noticed that I had no driver side blinker or brake light on my trailer. I did have running lights on the drivers side, I check the fuses since it seems that brake and blinker a isolated by side (would have been nice if they place the fuses near each other) and they tested fine.

The dealer wants to say its a trailer issue but the lights work fine on my other tow vehicle.

Anyone have any idea where to look?

Thank you for any advise

Seems like a bulb issue. Have you checked the trailer on another vehicle SINCE this symptom showed up?

You could also use a DVOM and check for power/ground at the trailer plug just to make sure it's coming out for those two circuits. I would ASSUME your dealer checked that, but you never know in today's world.

Catwlcd

Seems like a bulb issue. Have you checked the trailer on another vehicle SINCE this symptom showed up?

You could also use a DVOM and check for power/ground at the trailer plug just to make sure it's coming out for those two circuits. I would ASSUME your dealer checked that, but you never know in today's world.

Yes I have checked the trailer on my car with a 7 pin and all lights work fine. I have no idea what the dealer did, but it is going back to them on Thursday, I was just hoping to find something before they start tearing things apart.

13_gecko_rubi

Yes I have checked the trailer on my car with a 7 pin and all lights work fine. I have no idea what the dealer did, but it is going back to them on Thursday, I was just hoping to find something before they start tearing things apart.
Do u have a test light? Should be easy to check at the plug on the JL if u do

Sent via....