Anyone running 15.5 tires?

Inox

looking at 15.5 tries for my rubi and wonder if any ones running them and if so what offset they needed?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've run 40x15.50's on my JK before and while they "look" cool, 13.50's are more practical. If you run a tire that big, I would highly recommend running 20" wheels. Also, unless you've got a Rubicon, you're gonna need to run no more that 3.5" of back spacing. Even at that, you may get some rubbing at a full turn. Of course, this is to say nothing about the rubbing you'll get at a full flex or the fact that your axles won't last too long with them if you actually wheel your Jeep.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I've run 40x15.50's on my JK before and while they "look" cool, 13.50's are more practical. If you run a tire that big, I would highly recommend running 20" wheels. Also, unless you've got a Rubicon, you're gonna need to run no more that 3.5" of back spacing. Even at that, you may get some rubbing at a full turn. Of course, this is to say nothing about the rubbing you'll get at a full flex or the fact that your axles won't last too long with them if you actually wheel your Jeep.

Oh but how was all loved how moby looked back then [emoji7]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh but how was all loved how moby looked back then [emoji7]

LOL!! Like I said, he did look way cool - still my favorite "look" in fact. Just not real practical.

main.php

Of course, he is running ProRocks too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The mud grapplers looked the best. Still my favorite looking tire of only I could hear myself think.

What was that? :idontknow: :crazyeyes: :cheesy:
I'm with ya, looks awesome and even performed well off road but kinda of hard to deal with on long drives. :icon_crazy:

I have always loved the Super Swamper tsl-sx look the best. I guess grapplers would be third on my list for looks behind the Pitbull Rockers. Moby looks badass in that pic.

Old school cool for sure.