dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

Interesting...i wonder if there could be one bad TRE on either the TR or DL.On a side note my son likes helping with my beadlocks too.
IMG_1723.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTCO

Meme King
Being that DW occurs when steering stabilizer is removed regardless of which tie rod and drag link are installed, I would look elsewhere. Check unit bearings, track bar brackets for cracks, etc.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Being that DW occurs when steering stabilizer is removed regardless of which tie rod and drag link are installed, I would look elsewhere. Check unit bearings, track bar brackets for cracks, etc.

That's a good point, thanks for the insight. I'd also like to take a closer look at my ball joints, so I should probably get a dial indicator? Not sure if I should get one with a magnetic base, or one with the Vise-grip base. 🤔

JTCO

Meme King
That's a good point, thanks for the insight. I'd also like to take a closer look at my ball joints, so I should probably get a dial indicator? Not sure if I should get one with a magnetic base, or one with the Vise-grip base. 🤔

A dial indicator is a good tool to have. Get both bases, they both come in handy. However, if the JL is like the JK, the allowable spec is like .060 which is about 1/16" . So visually, that about of play is easy to see.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
A dial indicator is a good tool to have. Get both bases, they both come in handy. However, if the JL is like the JK, the allowable spec is like .060 which is about 1/16" . So visually, that about of play is easy to see.

Thanks for the tip.

MrGiant

Replaced the trackbar over the weekend. No change... continued DW. Took off the Synergy components, reinstalled OE components.

Here's where I stand right now:

OE TR + OE DL + OE SS = NO DW
OE TR + OE DL w/o SS = DW

Synergy TR + Synergy DL + Fox SS = DW
Synergy TR + Synergy DL w/o SS = DW

Wheels are going to be rebalanced Friday. Prep included torquing ring bolts (deflated) and a thorough scrubbing.

Kids love torquing ring bolts. Who knew? BONUS!!!
View attachment 13267

Do you think they'll grow? Maybe they'll be 40's when I wake up tomorrow.
View attachment 13268
LOL [emoji2]

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
My workmobile got some chunky new shoes installed by Discount Tire today. The previous set of KO2s had over 60,000 miles on them. :eek:

20190831_182504-1024x768.jpg

20190831_182200-1024x768.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Well goddammit, my Jeep's been out of commission for 5 weeks now due to unresolved death wobble. Unfortunately I need some parts that may or may not be contributing to the death wobble, however they are out of stock. I'll post more when I finally get it figured out... Hopefully sooner than later.

Anyways, I've had some decals laying around since last year so I finally put them on today. It doesn't drive, but it's got cool decals. Lol. I had ordered them when we got the vanity plate GOJIRA.

BEFORE
20190922_154845-1024x768.jpg

AFTER
20190922_163710-1024x768.jpg

JTCO

Meme King
Hope you get it figured out. I would look over frame welds too. It's been all over the news and I posted a thread here yesterday.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
The decals on my front reservoirs were all buggered up, so I replaced those today.

The front reservoirs originally had a decal on the front and a decal on the rear.
20190922_165510.jpg

I thought it might look better with a single decal on the side.
20190922_165238-768x1024.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Hope you get it figured out. I would look over frame welds too. It's been all over the news and I posted a thread here yesterday.

Thanks. I'm going to have to take a look at that article. I've looked at the welds myself, but I don't see anything out of the ordinary. That being said I'm only looking for obvious cracks / defects. Maybe I need somebody with experience to take a look.