Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869
Results 681 to 685 of 685

Thread: dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

  1. #681
    Old Timer doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,879
    Turns out editing videos is kind of fun, and I was itching to do another short one. Previously I posted pictures of my daughter taking her first water crossing at Middle Saint Vrain in Colorado, but the video is so much cooler....

  2. #682

  3. #683
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mom's Basement
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Turns out editing videos is kind of fun, and I was itching to do another short one. Previously I posted pictures of my daughter taking her first water crossing at Middle Saint Vrain in Colorado, but the video is so much cooler....
    I used to have a backpacking channel on YouTube. At first I loved filming and editing but it became so time-consuming for full trips. It would take hours just to put a 15 minute video together. And then I was filming so much that I missed the whole point of why I wanted to be out there (to enjoy nature and get away from technology). I ended up giving it up but still have the videos somewhere.

    That's a cool video of your daughter. I'm sure she loved driving across that water.
    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

  4. #684
    Old Timer doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,879
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    And then I was filming so much that I missed the whole point of why I wanted to be out there (to enjoy nature and get away from technology). I ended up giving it up but still have the videos somewhere.
    When my daughter was younger, that's how I began to feel at holidays and birthdays. Like I wasn't experiencing it in real life, only experiencing it through the lens (screen) while I watched what I was filming while I was filming. Almost surrealistic. Like I was there and wasn't there at the same time. That's why I don't take videos at holidays anymore. And when I take pictures, I pretend I'm on a roll of film and limit myself to only a dozen or two. What I really miss though, that technology has taken away, are those boxes in the back of the closet. The ones filled with old pictures that you can just spend hours sifting through, reliving memory after memory.

  5. #685
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    4,083
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I used to have a backpacking channel on YouTube. At first I loved filming and editing but it became so time-consuming for full trips. It would take hours just to put a 15 minute video together. And then I was filming so much that I missed the whole point of why I wanted to be out there (to enjoy nature and get away from technology). I ended up giving it up but still have the videos somewhere.

    That's a cool video of your daughter. I'm sure she loved driving across that water.
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    When my daughter was younger, that's how I began to feel at holidays and birthdays. Like I wasn't experiencing it in real life, only experiencing it through the lens (screen) while I watched what I was filming while I was filming. Almost surrealistic. Like I was there and wasn't there at the same time. That's why I don't take videos at holidays anymore. And when I take pictures, I pretend I'm on a roll of film and limit myself to only a dozen or two. What I really miss though, that technology has taken away, are those boxes in the back of the closet. The ones filled with old pictures that you can just spend hours sifting through, reliving memory after memory.
    IMG_0316.JPG



    Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •