dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Fuck, man. I just went through this with one of my kids. Hang in there.

I've had lots of injuries, but I haven't had a cast in decades. Heck, I didn't even break a bone. It was ligaments and tendons this time around. Of course it sucks being injured or sick, but it's way worse when you've got to watch a family member or loved suffer with illness. I hope that your son / daughter is doing well.

Did you request the cast to match the Jeep?

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

Choices were pink, purple, black, red or green. Felt like voting day. I chose the one that seemed to be the least worst.

Dang, that looks like it's going to be in the shop for a while.

Casted and non-weight bearing for 3 weeks, then re-evaluated to see how the soft tissues are doing. If things go well, then NWB for 3 more weeks. If things don't go well, then it's off to surgery and my summer is over.

Does your new lift work with 37’s? Hopefully you can still drive.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

It's my left so I can still drive my car but I can't get in the goddamn Jeep without risking pressure on the foot, so it's parked with a battery tender.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Been about 4 weeks, so I went out to the driveway to take a peek. Maybe it will brighten up a little when I drive it again. Lol.

20190602_191412-1024x768.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
A couple of months ago I finally got a proper steel workbench for my JL work space, but it definitely required some accessories.

Time for another round of...

ZomboMeme 11062019110603.jpg

The box arrived as pictured and completely opened. Lol.

20190610_143341-1024x768.jpg

20190610_143402-1024x768.jpg

20190610_144016-1024x768.jpg

20190610_144302-1024x768.jpg

20190610_144359-1024x768.jpg

My first (and hopefully my last) vise. While researching vises I came up with an offer from Google Express for 20% off my first order. Bought it from a Google Express seller who already had it marked down and with free shipping to boot. Made in China, but appears to be pretty good quality and with a lifetime warranty. There's no way I could justify an American-made Wilton. New or used, those son of a guns are pricey.

Last edited:

MrGiant

Really fat butt, not bubbling at all 🤣.
Are you going to add a rear bumper again?

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Forgot to bring this in yesterday and left it at the front door overnight. Glad it was still there, covered in yellow Ponderosa pine pollen.

20190618_085651-1024x768.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
That looks sweet. You going to join us for Holy Cross?

I saw that. Unfortunately I damaged my left foot and ankle pretty bad, with four ligamentous tears, two tendons, mild fx, bone marrow effusion and mild nerve damage. Although I began walking again the Jeep is still pretty much pavement bound with a fire road here and there, hence driveway pictures and shots of unopened upgrades. Although I'm hoping to return to work next week, there's no way I could risk having to participate in a recovery, etc. Thanks for checking though.

HERE'S TO 2020 🍻 LOL!

EDIT - I've decided that I didn't damage my ankle, I fucked-up my ankle.

Semantics... Who knew?

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
I saw that. Unfortunately I damaged my left foot and ankle pretty bad, with four ligamentous tears, two tendons, mild fx, bone marrow effusion and mild nerve damage. Although I began walking again the Jeep is still pretty much pavement bound with a fire road here and there, hence driveway pictures and shots of unopened upgrades. Although I'm hoping to return to work next week, there's no way I could risk having to participate in a recovery, etc. Thanks for checking though.

HERE'S TO 2020 🍻 LOL!

Semantics... Who knew?

That sucks.

When are you going?

Mid July it looks like. Did you end up getting a new jeep?

WiscoHR

HERE'S TO 2020 [emoji482] LOL!

Semantics... Who knew?

How bout this... I’ll drive out from WI to use your JL for the day and you can use mine?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app