dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

dixonk

forester1228150044.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Well, finally gained some clearance to turn the tires. EVO High Clearance Long Arm PRO installed. Had to drive about 90 miles on pavement with it today. City, highway, stop & go. IMHO, it drives significantly better than stock with the COs/LAs. Coming from a modded JKUR the stock JLUR felt so soft on the streets, at least the way I drive. As far as street manners goes it corners very nicely, has minimal to no nose dive while braking and feels very sporty. This is my first experience with COs/LAs and I was a bit nervous about the outcome, however it is a pleasure to drive, and is not cumbersome whatsoever. I've got to admit that the rear is pretty damn stiff right now though, and is sitting a little high so I'm going to have to adjust it down some. Still on factory track bars and steering components, and thankfully no tracking problems, wandering problems or DWL up to hwy speeds (75 mph). Right after I snapped a couple of pictures it started to snow pretty good. I'll try to get some more this weekend. I was hoping to spend some time going over it and maybe a shakedown on a local trail, but my family and I will be attending a very nerdy gaming convention this weekend (D&D, cosplay, Etc). 🤓

PhotoEditor_20190412_221538651-1280x960.jpg

CalSgt

Well, finally gained some clearance to turn the tires. EVO High Clearance Long Arm PRO installed. Had to drive about 90 miles on pavement with it today. City, highway, stop & go. IMHO, it drives significantly better than stock with the COs/LAs. Coming from a modded JKUR the stock JLUR felt so soft on the streets, at least the way I drive. As far as street manners goes it corners very nicely, has minimal to no nose dive while braking and feels very sporty. This is my first experience with COs/LAs and I was a bit nervous about the outcome, however it is a pleasure to drive, and is not cumbersome whatsoever. I've got to admit that the rear is pretty damn stiff right now though, and is sitting a little high so I'm going to have to adjust it down some. Still on factory track bars and steering components, and thankfully no tracking problems, wandering problems or DWL up to hwy speeds (75 mph). Right after I snapped a couple of pictures it started to snow pretty good. I'll try to get some more this weekend. I was hoping to spend some time going over it and maybe a shakedown on a local trail, but my family and I will be attending a very nerdy gaming convention this weekend (D&D, cosplay, Etc). 🤓

View attachment 10474

How was the install?

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
How was the install?

I don't know how to weld, so I had somebody do the install. They said it was relatively quick and straightforward with no real snags regarding the kit itself. Fit-and-finish appears to be very good. It's midnight-thirty and I'm underneath the Jeep in my garage now. I've got some slight contact of the outer exhaust horn/loop on the driver's front UCA frame mount causing a rattle at startup and shut down which I should be able to clearance pretty easily tomorrow. I'll also probably pick up some EVO HD Sway Bar Endlinks for the front, as I'm not completely satisfied with the angle that the bar is at right now.

CalSgt

I don't know how to weld, so I had somebody do the install. They said it was relatively quick and straightforward with no real snags regarding the kit itself. Fit-and-finish appears to be very good. It's midnight-thirty and I'm underneath the Jeep in my garage now. I've got some slight contact of the outer exhaust horn/loop on the driver's front UCA frame mount causing a rattle at startup and shut down which I should be able to clearance pretty easily tomorrow. I'll also probably pick up some EVO HD Sway Bar Endlinks for the front, as I'm not completely satisfied with the angle that the bar is at right now.

Thats good to hear, one of the install guides for the EVO LA Pro kit said something like 30 hours for the install. I am a little concerned to start a project with a 30 hour install time (for a professional) with as much as I have going on a daily basis (Kids, coaching, work)... Scared my Jeep will never leave the garage.

I was really hoping you had more insight into the process but totally understand the no welding experience thing, I feel fortunate to have a little experience with many aspects of fabricating (except laser table/CNC stuff).

Your rig looks great... Super jealous

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Thats good to hear, one of the install guides for the EVO LA Pro kit said something like 30 hours for the install. I am a little concerned to start a project with a 30 hour install time (for a professional) with as much as I have going on a daily basis (Kids, coaching, work)... Scared my Jeep will never leave the garage.

I was really hoping you had more insight into the process but totally understand the no welding experience thing, I feel fortunate to have a little experience with many aspects of fabricating (except laser table/CNC stuff).

Your rig looks great... Super jealous

Unlike the JK EVO LAs, you can't bolt this kit on and then drive it somewhere to have the welding completed. I was going to do the majority of it in my garage and then have someone come over to burn the new brackets on, but in the end it just seemed more feasible to take it out and drop it off where there was a proper lift and more room to drop the gas tank. I pretty much memorized the directions available at evomfg.com, and it's not a very complicated install. I'll tell you what, I'm super jealous of your welding skills. I'd be fabbing all sorts of shit for the Jeep, the house, the yard and holiday gifts. Sliders, toilet paper holders, railings, weird knick knacks... LOL.

Rig is looking killer.

Thanks. It was THIS video and an unexpected test drive that ultimately led to all of this.

Looks great. Glad to hear it drives well.

Thanks. I was very impressed with the road manners yesterday. Got to hear a bit of coilover noise, which I really really dig. LOL. Definitely looking forward to getting it off the pavement.

Damn looks sweet!

Bet you have more room in the garage now too. Lol

Yes, I've got a hell of a lot more room in the garage now. Lol! :crazyeyes:

Your Jeep is looking awesome :thumb: better and better all the time. Very nice build

Thank you for the compliment. Really hoping to get some proper sliders on there.

ZomboMeme 13042019074847.jpg

And maybe some rear end protection, but I do love the bumperless look