dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
All right, I may be crazy, but I don't remember those black dashes in the middle of the screen.

20190415_175653-1024x768.jpg

Is this new? :thinking:
Or have they always been there.:crazyeyes:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Dropped the Jeep off at the dealership this morning. The black textured finish has been wearing off of the hardtop for some time now, right down to the white in a couple of spots. They have to swap the glass over to a new rear shell. I was hoping that they could have it done in one day, but it won't ready until Thursday afternoon.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
View attachment 10608

This Jeep looks familiar, saw it on EVO’s fb

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Funny, I saw that too.;) I stalk their FB pages several times daily looking for any hint of the EVO RockSliders coming closer to fruition. I fear that if I call them and bug them anymore, they'll put me on the RockSlider Blacklist.

Mine was like that. I really liked it hooking up to a trailer. I wish my Wagon had the black lines.

All right, thanks at least now I know I'm not crazy(er). Lol. I swear, I don't ever remember seeing those. But then again I'm usually using my mirrors anyways.

Turns out the dealer got my windows swapped into my new rear hardtop shell pretty quickly. I picked up the Jeep earlier today, and thankfully I haven't found any problems with it. I live in fear of dropping any vehicle off at a dealer. Over the years I've had everything from multiple tears in multiple seats, broken windows, damaged rims, damaged driveshafts (that was a good one), unexplained mileage, et. al.

Jeeeep

my backup cam does not have the black dash line...then again, sometimes there are no guides at all :doh:

need to take it to the dealer when I get back

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
The EVO LA frame-side brackets tuck real nice. Shown are the front driver's. Forget eggs, I'm going to have my family search for these on Easter. 😋

20190418_185005-768x1024.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Brace yourselves for another episode of...

ZomboMeme 07052019190532.jpg

20190505_211140-1280x960.jpg

I've been using a Racor lift to store my JKUR hardtop and now my JLUR hardtop for a couple of years now. I happened upon a kit by Topsy Products called a Hinge Hook Hoist Bracket. It looked interesting and I thought I'd give it a go.

The kit comes with two brackets that mount between the rear window glass hinges and hinge bolts, two rear hoist straps with mini snap hooks and one long front hoist strap with s-hooks.

20190505_211942-1280x960.jpg

Here you can see the hinge brackets installed. They don't sit up very high, they do not interfere with lifting the glass, and I doubt I'll snag them on anything. The only thing I don't like is the manufacturer printing on the sides, making them a little less subtle than I prefer. Although if they were made by King , I'd probably be all about it... hypocrite. LOL.

20190505_112536-1280x960.jpg

20190506_082427-1280x960.jpg

Here are the short straps with mini snap hooks connected to the rear platform support bar of the Racor lift.

20190505_123338-1280x960.jpg

The snap hooks connected to the hinge brackets.

20190505_135826-1280x960.jpg

The long front hoist strap underneath the front of the shell with s-hooks around the eye-bolts of the Racor lift platform.

20190505_135603-1280x960.jpg

Voilà!

20190505_211809-1280x960.jpg

Overall I'm very satisfied with the Hinge Hook Hoist Bracket kit. In conjunction with the Racor lift, it makes hard top removal and storage a relatively quick and easy one-person ordeal. If you already have a Racor lift, I recommend this kit. However I don't think I can recommend purchasing a new Racor just to use with this product. When I purchased my Racor in 2017 I paid $125.99 via Amazon Prime. At the time of this writing the Racor lift is going for to $224.70 on Amazon Prime, which would make for a pretty pricey hardtop management solution.

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I'd like a lift like that, but my lights are in the way in the roof. I need to figure something out. But that would be so easy to remove the roof. Looks good

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I'm thankful I snagged that Racor a couple of years ago. I mean it is now so easy. My wife said it's her favorite mod. Lol. It's now easier and quicker to remove and install the hard top that it is the soft top.