dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

Onlyone

Yes you can get lighter spring rates. Typically guys run the stock ones and wear them in a bit before adjusting to needs. Depends how much weight you have and what lift you want as to what you would need.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Thanks for that Overlander. I appreciate the info. :thumb:

DTap sorry for the hijack.

I’m amazed at how much slack are in those brake lines, that thing has a crap load of travel.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Thanks for that Overlander. I appreciate the info. :thumb:

DTap sorry for the hijack.

I’m amazed at how much slack are in those brake lines, that thing has a crap load of travel.

No worries. Not a hijack at all. I've been wondering how much to expect the springs to break in. The rears are super stiff at this point.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
20190414_145437.jpg

Rocky Mountain dirt/mud - sandstone and granite. Thankfully this stuff doesn't turn into concrete when it dries, and it comes off easily with a power wash. It is pretty damn gritty though. If there's even a little bit left on your windows when you roll them up or down, it'll leave permanent scores in your glass. Also have to pay particular attention to the felt that guides the glass.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I've never even seen the forum arranged like that (with thread pics). Must be an iPhone thing. I'm on Android. Well, it's easy enough to fix anyways.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
LOL! :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

That’s what I mentioned earlier. No matter how many pics you post the lesbian Subaru pic is the thread pic.

Lol it does it with pictures that are hosted on this site. If someone just posts it from their phone it won’t work. It has to be a photo taken from the site. I posted that on another thread months back so it was probably that. It’ll go away eventually.

dixonk

Jdofmemi

View attachment 10524

Rocky Mountain dirt/mud - sandstone and granite. Thankfully this stuff doesn't turn into concrete when it dries, and it comes off easily with a power wash. It is pretty damn gritty though. If there's even a little bit left on your windows when you roll them up or down, it'll leave permanent scores in your glass. Also have to pay particular attention to the felt that guides the glass.

I've found that a zip tie is a good "tool" to use to clean the inside of the window felt. Push it down between the glass and the molding, with the smooth side to the glad and the traction side on the felt. Saw it up and down and work your way across. It may take a few times, but it gets it reasonably clean and the zip tie don't scratch the window.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I've found that a zip tie is a good "tool" to use to clean the inside of the window felt. Push it down between the glass and the molding, with the smooth side to the glad and the traction side on the felt. Saw it up and down and work your way across. It may take a few times, but it gets it reasonably clean and the zip tie don't scratch the window.

That's a good tip, thanks!