dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

dixonk

Badass!

Also have to note: in the iPhone app the thread picture for this thread is the lesbian Subaru picture I posted awhile back for some reason. Seems like it would update with your newest picture. Or maybe....

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Onlyone

Any closer to that 2-door yet?
Nope. We decided to pay this wagon off first. Only one payment at a time. We were so close but I held back. I’ve got about 6 months left to go. It’s actually quite tough to make myself wait...........so I just keep looking here and lurking around stalking other Jeeps. :p it would have been sooner if not for my recent trailer purchase. My new JLR will ride on it one day. Nice tilt with the 9990 gvwr upgrade. Yes DTD. It will happen. Haha

Also, I will be picking your brain in the future about your setup. Hopefully we can get together this summer and BS about it.

Attachments

• 6AC1D9BD-BD99-473D-90CA-46318C3A5898.jpg
    6AC1D9BD-BD99-473D-90CA-46318C3A5898.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Nope. We decided to pay this wagon off first. Only one payment at a time. We were so close but I held back. I’ve got about 6 months left to go. It’s actually quite tough to make myself wait...........so I just keep looking here and lurking around stalking other Jeeps. :p it would have been sooner if not for my recent trailer purchase. My new JLR will ride on it one day. Nice tilt with the 9990 gvwr upgrade. Yes DTD. It will happen. Haha

Also, I will be picking your brain in the future about your setup. Hopefully we can get together this summer and BS about it.

Right on. I can't wait to help you spend your money. Lol. Although I don't mind adjusting the coilovers, I didn't want the compression adjusters. I would have been pulling over and fiddling with them constantly. DTD? The last thing I need is triple bypass shocks. I'd never get anywhere, driving myself crazy with constant micro adjustments. :crazyeyes:

JTCO

Meme King

Sounds like you need a Gladiator

Onlyone

Right on. I can't wait to help you spend your money. Lol. Although I don't mind adjusting the coilovers, I didn't want the compression adjusters. I would have been pulling over and fiddling with them constantly. DTD? The last thing I need is triple bypass shocks. I'd never get anywhere, driving myself crazy with constant micro adjustments. :crazyeyes:
Lmao. Yep, that would be me. I wonder how your setup will be on a 2 door. Can you get a lighter spring rate for a lighter vehicle or is it a one size type deal you ordered? I’m lazy-stupid about coilover setups. I’ve been playing with coils, leafs and regular shocks for many years. Lol. I don’t even mess with the coilovers on my RZR. Damn clickers on them drive me nuts. Like you, I finally stopped messing with them. So, yes I want them like yours so I don’t have to set them.

My plan is to stick with factory wheels again, 37’s and Coilovers like your setup. Plane Jane stock looking but bigger. Sans rear bumper and same front bumper I had with the same sliders. I really like the look of a stock JLR but bigger. I would prefer to find a Mojito with painted top and fenders.

Last edited:

Onlyone

Sounds like you need a Gladiator
I wanted to wait but since I got the power wagon I won’t need another truck. I just want a two door again. I’ve got no hate for the 4 door, my JLUR was a great Jeep. I would have never got rid of it, if not for the travel trailer I bought. I figured I would have paid the wagon off sooner. It’s ok though. I’ll get one soon enough. I wish they would install the diesel in the 2 door. I’m going to stick with the turbo up here though.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Lmao. Yep, that would be me. I wonder how your setup will be on a 2 door. Can you get a lighter spring rate for a lighter vehicle or is it a one size type deal you ordered? I’m lazy-stupid about coilover setups. I’ve been playing with coils, leafs and regular shocks for many years. Lol. I don’t even mess with the coilovers on my RZR. Damn clickers on them drive me nuts. Like you, I finally stopped messing with them. So, yes I want them like yours so I don’t have to set them.

Yes you can get lighter spring rates. Typically guys run the stock ones and wear them in a bit before adjusting to needs. Depends how much weight you have and what lift you want as to what you would need.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Found some time to work on the rear. Going to move the coil nut up about 5/8", index the springs and set the timing rings.

20190413_173542.jpg

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Those sum bitches gon rip out!

Lol. Granted the other tire is on the ground and not stuffed, but the picture shows full droop with brake line slack still present. It's also been on a lift with both sides full droop and the forklift stuff test. It's funny, I thought it strange that the EVO instructions only mention rerouting the factory brake lines, but not replacing the lines. Seems that this thing was built with line to spare. Of course, these were controlled tests so I will definitely keep an eye on it.

EDIT: There's a fair amount of slack down by the caliiper as well that you can't see in the picture. Still though, I'll definitely watch it.

Last edited:

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Lol. Granted the other tire is on the ground and not stuffed, but the picture shows full droop with brake line slack still present. It's also been on a lift with both sides full droop and the forklift stuff test. It's funny, I thought it strange that the EVO instructions only mention rerouting the factory brake lines, but not replacing the lines. Seems that this thing was built with line to spare. Of course, these were controlled tests so I will definitely keep an eye on it.

Damn really? That’s impressive.