dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Nice

Only in a Jeep will your truly feel the freedom in any trail..

Thanks. Any luck getting those Halos lit up yet?

With as much travel as he got out of the coilovers in the JL you are gonna want long arms or run limit straps to control the droop. At 15" of travel and full droop on short arms you are going to get a lot of front/rear swing. The rear I bet axle is into fuel tank at 15" with short arms and front will be close to getting into rear of fender opening. Again u can run them you just may need to run limit straps to reduce total droop. Just my guess

Sent via....

Thanks for the input. I thought maybe the coilovers would work with the factory length arms as they're relatively long as it is (at least compared to previous generations), but I guess I'm going to have to rethink it.

That's pretty cool :thumb:

Thanks. I had a heck of a time getting that little decal on straight. In fact it's still crooked. It wasn't until that had fully applied it that I remembered I could have just dropped the windshield to make the job much easier.

That's looking good. I had no idea the Mojito! color was the same as Green With Envy. Good info for touch up paint.

Thank you. I had known that it was previously used on Challengers, but it was my daughter that had the idea to walk next door to the Dodge dealership and ask them.

You got love it when a business goess above and beyond to help out a customer. Thanks for sharing!

It wasn't that the Jeep dealership didn't want to help, it seemed as if their system just wouldn't allow them to search elsewhere. All they could come up with was that it was discontinued. The Dodge dealership was extremely helpful. The guy behind the counter had a line full of guys giving him the stink eye, but he took his time searching in his computer and then calling the dealerships for verification. No doubt above and beyond.

Damn that looks good! I can’t get over how much better these JL’s look without the rear bumper. I just wish EVO would get the the rear D-ring mounts done. Lol

Thanks, I was going to black out the lower portion of the tub, but I really like the way it looks as it stands. I'm also looking forward to the Evo rear d-ring mounts, as well as a few other things! Lol.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Dropped the windshield today. Drove it's on some local trails. I have to say, it is pretty cool if your taking a leisurely drive in a large public park or maybe a wide forest service road. However, windshield down is definitely not suited for any sort of technical driving. It really does impact your field of vision. There's no way that I would have it down while on the rocks, picking my way through a tree line or navigating a narrow shelf road.

Mojito! shows enough color variation that my wife and I playfully argue about which shade looks best.

My favorite Mojito! (iridescent with more yellow) :

20180904_132306-1280x960.jpg

My wife's favorite Mojito! (greater uniformity with less yellow) :

20180904_135606-1280x960.jpg

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Two more windshield down photos... because I always forget to post a rear shot, and a side shot just for good measure.

20180904_132349-1280x960.jpg

20180904_132338-1280x960.jpg

Last edited:

JL5009

@doubletapdaddy

I'm still trying to trace the feed for the halos just been so busy with work. But hopefully I'll get down to it this weekend.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I hear ya, I was thinking of getting my JL wrapped in foil the same colour [emoji1]

I don't know... Black Jeeps really do look badass! I always chicken out on purchasing black vehicles due to fear of maintaining the finish.

JL5009

I don't know... Black Jeeps really do look badass! I always chicken out on purchasing black vehicles due to fear of maintaining the finish.
That's the only down side of getting black.. it's a pain to keep clean...

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
@doubletapdaddy

I'm still trying to trace the feed for the halos just been so busy with work. But hopefully I'll get down to it this weekend.

Good luck. Here's to sorting it out sooner than later... :beer:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Here's something that I didn't know about, but thought was pretty neat. There are drain tubes running down each side of the windshield...

20180905_170806-1280x960.jpg

20180905_170819-1280x960.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
One feature that I was really looking forward to, and then really disliked once I saw it in person, is the Safari Top. I'm not entirely sure that's what it's called, but when the doors and soft windows are removed, that's what the soft top reminds me of. Initially it reminded me of a really bad Roy Orbison toupee. Regardless of functionality, I'm just not entirely sold on it... at least not yet. I think that it might look groovy with tube doors. My wife mentioned that it kind of looks like a military beret, which has helped me to appreciate it's unique appearance.

20180904_161417-1280x960.jpg

20180904_161342-1280x960.jpg

20180904_161309-1280x960.jpg

WiscoHR

One feature that I was really looking forward to, and then really disliked once I saw it in person, is the Safari Top. I'm not entirely sure that's what it's called, but when the doors and soft windows are removed, that's what the soft top reminds me of. Initially it reminded me of a really bad Roy Orbison toupee. Regardless of functionality, I'm just not entirely sold on it... at least not yet. I think that it might look groovy with tube doors. My wife mentioned that it kind of looks like a military beret, which has helped me to appreciate it's unique appearance.

View attachment 5201

View attachment 5202

View attachment 5203

Yeah I don’t know if I like it with the doors off. With the doors on, I don’t mind the look. We ran that way most of the time in Moab after getting sunburned the first day on Top of the World. It’s nice to feel the airflow and still have some coverage up top. Time for a Spiderweb shade.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Yeah I don’t know if I like it with the doors off. With the doors on, I don’t mind the look. We ran that way most of the time in Moab after getting sunburned the first day on Top of the World. It’s nice to feel the airflow and still have some coverage up top. Time for a Spiderweb shade.
Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I agree, with the doors on and windows down it does look pretty groovy. I'm sitting here drinking a fancy iced coffee and looking out the window at it.

20180906_082330-1280x960.jpg

tobyw

I'm still struggling with the aesthetics of the "safari mode". I love the functionality of it, but I just can't wrap my head around the bulbous overall look compared to the more traditional bikini/safari tops? Granted no one seems to be making any of those for the JL yet, so this is kind of what we are stuck with for now... Hopefully in time :idontknow:

JTCO

Meme King
I'm still struggling with the aesthetics of the "safari mode". I love the functionality of it, but I just can't wrap my head around the bulbous overall look compared to the more traditional bikini/safari tops? Granted no one seems to be making any of those for the JL yet, so this is kind of what we are stuck with for now... Hopefully in time :idontknow:

Agreed. As much as I love the soft top and would run it, I hate that Safari mode. Not sure what Jeep was thinking on that part.