dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Start her young! Your Jeep looks awesome too!

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Yeah, I think I may have dug quite a hole for myself. Between me spotting for my wife and now my daughter driving, I fear my seat time may diminish greatly. 😅

That's awesome.

It was pretty cool, and completely unplanned.

Way too cool :rock:

It was only about 15 minutes until it got more technical, but she really did have a blast. This is when I took the wheel back...

20190623_104550.jpg

Yep I brought my little one out to drive my Jeep around. Almost brought a tear in my eye seeing him have fun driving. Then I realized he gets his permit next year and is eyeballing my Jeep [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Not so little anymore. Sounds like you may have to add another Jeep to the family. Lol.

Badass! That thing is a beast.

Thanks! Any further plans for yours this summer? Beadlocks?

Really cool first drive, mine was a vauxhaul [emoji38]

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

It was definitely cool. From about 6 to 7 my babysitter used to sit me on her lap and let me steer while she worked the pedals. My real first drive was a 1980 Chevy Monza. I knew where my mother kept the spare keys hidden. My friend and I took the 5-speed out for a very jerky joy ride. Lol. I was 12.

dixonk

Yeah, I think I may have dug quite a hole for myself. Between me spotting for my wife and now my daughter driving, I fear my seat time may diminish greatly. [emoji28]

It was only about 15 minutes until it got more technical, but she really did have a blast. This is when I took the wheel back...

View attachment 12005

Not so little anymore. Sounds like you may have to add another Jeep to the family. Lol.

It was definitely cool. From about 6 to 7 my babysitter used to sit me on her lap and let me steer while she worked the pedals. My real first drive was a 1980 Chevy Monza. I knew where my mother kept the spare keys hidden. My friend and I took the 5-speed out for a very jerky joy ride. Lol. I was 12.

My deal has always revolves around grades. As and Bs and I will gladly buy a new Jeep. Anything less and he will be flipping burgers trying to make payments on a beater Honda for all I care. I’m hoping to get him a 2 door Rubi with a manual as his first Jeep.

benatc1

Yeah, I think I may have dug quite a hole for myself. Between me spotting for my wife and now my daughter driving, I fear my seat time may diminish greatly. [emoji28]

View attachment 12005

Yea I hear ya, but I will say getting my wife to drive on the trail has drastically increased her desire to want to go out, which works out well for me getting out more and spending more $ lol

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Are you supposed to be walking?

Man your Jeep is setup about perfect. Everything I would do to a JL and love the color. Nice work!

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I've been walking about a week and a half now. Went from cast to hard boot to a lace-up figure eight brace. Just got to be super careful. It's weird, the past six weeks seemed to go by so slow, yet so fast at the same time.

Thanks for the compliment. There's always a couple more things to do. Right now a rear drive shaft is on the short list. I've got the rear track bar extended to keep the DS off of the gas tank skid.

This was OE TB + EVO Raised TB Mount (now running EVO Adjustable TB + Mount)

20190621_143708-1024x768.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
My deal has always revolves around grades. As and Bs and I will gladly buy a new Jeep. Anything less and he will be flipping burgers trying to make payments on a beater Honda for all I care. I’m hoping to get him a 2 door Rubi with a manual as his first Jeep.

My daughter proclaimed at dinner that she wants her first vehicle to be either "a stock JT... or a YJ on 40's". 😂

benatc1

I've got my wife driving on obstacles mainly because I don't trust her spotting. Lol. Truth be told though, she's got nerves of steel.
Lol that's awesome. my wife has actually become pretty decent at spotting as she doesn't love off camber situations so she's jumped out alot. She still needs to get used to that whole steel scraping over rock sound though lol

Onlyone

No for now I’m going to let the 8”wheels take care of most of that. I ordered the Warn Zeon8s to add to my bumper. That’s prolly it other that the EVO trackbars and maybe a tailgate reinforcement. I’m going to run Eddies stinger wheeling to keep stuff away from the tire. Would love to see you at Holy Cross if you can go. About time I meet you guys.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I thought it was pretty neat to find the coilover springs engraved. Didn't think to measure lengths until I had them assembled again. :doh:

FRONT SPRINGS
20190626_185934-1024x768.jpg
20190626_235827-1024x768.jpg

REAR SPRINGS
20190627_135435-1024x768.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Damn that’s a lot of work. How the hell are you doing that with your busted leg? Lol

Ankle/foot doing okay. Been 7 weeks. Just lots of soft tissue damage. Got to be careful for the next few months.

As far as dropping the springs on the coilovers... it was super easy. Everything on here is just so accessible. Just takes a whole lot of jacking. 😜 A lift would be nice though.