dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Great story! What an adventure. Congrats and thanks for sharing...:thumb:

It did turn out to be quite an adventure... even before we walked out of the house. :crazyeyes:

awesome color and travel log

Thanks. Didn't even mean to keep a travel log. It's just so easy to shoot pictures with phones nowadays, and the trip was pretty easy to remember.

congrats, good luck with the hardtop.

I stopped by my local dealer yesterday. Although sales wasn't willing to match the significant out-of-state discounts I could find, the service department has always been stellar. The service manager took one look at the top and recognized that the marks were most likely as a result of solvent used during cleanup following factory side window installation. I have to agree. You can see where something was wiped around the full edges of both side windows. He wants me to treat it with a water-based black protector, and if that doesn't work we'll go from there.

Great trip report, thanks for sharing.

We (wife & I) are heading up to Dennis Dillon this Friday to finally pick up our Sting-Gray JLUR. Planning about a 2000 mile adventure while heading home (Moab/Arches, Telluride/Ouray, Flagstaff/Sedona). We never get vacations it seems, so we decided we are starting the new JL adventure right since we never got to these places in the JK. The JL will be nice and dirty by the time she makes it back to San Diego. I'll try and keep a travel log, but I'm sure it won't be as good as yours
-Oside

Thanks. I didn't really keep a travel log. I just shot some pictures at interesting moments that were memorable. At the time of my writing this, you should be picking up your Jeep the next day. Here's an early congratulations. Have a safe journey and post lots of pics when you get home.

Fantastic post! Thanks for sharing! The Mojito! is a great color, enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Thank you. I'm really enjoying the color. I tend to get rock chips here in Colorado so I usually had Mopar touch up paint for my 2014 JK. Touch up paint for Mojito! really is a unicorn and hard to come by. I'll post more details when I get a chance.

Beautiful Jeep! Congrats on bringing it home! Let’s try and meet up sometime and run a trail. :thumb:

I've been watching your Jeep as well and it's turning out pretty sweet. I'd love to meet up to have a run and a couple of pops afterwards.

Damn that grill is sharp with that color!

Thanks. The grill was really my wife's idea. As usual, she was spot-on.

Very nice and congrats.

Envoyé de mon SM-G950W en utilisant Tapatalk

Je vous remercie!

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Installed the Warn Zeon 10-S last night. As usual, there is already a stellar write-up and video for this install -

https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.php?1095-VIDEO-JL-JOURNAL-LoD-JL-Destroyer-Shorty-Front-Bumper-amp-WARN-Zeon-10s-Install

So there's really no need for me to go into installation details. Why reinvent the wheel?

I had to wait until this morning how to properly spool the rope per instructions. This was not my first time installing a Warn or performing an initial spool, however it was the first time I had no assistance. I just did a little at a time, got out to check the wind, made adjustments as necessary and continued.

I remember seeing in 2018 JL promotional material that the new hood latches were designed to provide a loose attachment point for the winch cable. I don't ever remember seeing this done with a JK, but maybe you could? Either way the cable for the controller fit with ease and was not pinched whatsoever.

20180809_134649-1280x960.jpg

I was able to get a full run on the rope after the first 10 wraps on the drum.

20180809_134735-1280x960.jpg

In the end I was able to achieve a pretty good wrap by taking my time and checking often.

20180809_142131-1280x960.jpg

20180809_142840-1280x960.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks outstanding! Oh, and the the winch controller cable notch in the hood latch is a new thing. :yup:

Jlusahara

Plaisir [emoji16]
It did turn out to be quite an adventure... even before we walked out of the house. :crazyeyes:

Thanks. Didn't even mean to keep a travel log. It's just so easy to shoot pictures with phones nowadays, and the trip was pretty easy to remember.

I stopped by my local dealer yesterday. Although sales wasn't willing to match the significant out-of-state discounts I could find, the service department has always been stellar. The service manager took one look at the top and recognized that the marks were most likely as a result of solvent used during cleanup following factory side window installation. I have to agree. You can see where something was wiped around the full edges of both side windows. He wants me to treat it with a water-based black protector, and if that doesn't work we'll go from there.

Thanks. I didn't really keep a travel log. I just shot some pictures at interesting moments that were memorable. At the time of my writing this, you should be picking up your Jeep the next day. Here's an early congratulations. Have a safe journey and post lots of pics when you get home.

Thank you. I'm really enjoying the color. I tend to get rock chips here in Colorado so I usually had Mopar touch up paint for my 2014 JK. Touch up paint for Mojito! really is a unicorn and hard to come by. I'll post more details when I get a chance.

I've been watching your Jeep as well and it's turning out pretty sweet. I'd love to meet up to have a run and a couple of pops afterwards.

Thanks. The grill was really my wife's idea. As usual, she was spot-on.

Je vous remercie!

Envoyé de mon SM-G950W en utilisant Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man, you've got so much want lately. Mojito's, two doors... If you happen across a Mojito! 2-door Rubi, you're going to reach your breaking point.

Nah, what would do it is if it had a 2.0L too. That would really push me to the edge. If it had half doors as well - it'd be in my driveway :crazyeyes:

Onlyone

I keep showing the wife this color and telling her she needs a 2 door. Lmao. Also DTD you can really tell how much they tilted the front grille in one of those pics. That black with the Mojito is perfect. Nice bumper;)

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Because I'm currently running stock wheels and tires and I don't have my ARB compressor in the Jeep yet (I haven't been airing down), I don't have a need to change tire size or TPMS at this time. Currently my favorite features of the Tazer JL programmer are start / stop kill, in motion navigation access (for my passenger to use) and backup camera access via mute button double tap. Although I thought it was useless, the light show is pretty fun at times, and can be accessed using your fob while the programmer is plugged in. To use these features the Tazer JL programmer must be plugged into the OBD2 port while the vehicle is running. I like to run doorless, so I wanted to diminish the potential for theft, as well as diminish the potential for my big klutzy legs and feet to catch the Tazer JL while plugged in. I used a 1 foot OBD2 extension cable and a bit of Velcro to keep the programmer tucked up and under the kick panel.

Cable used -

iKKEGOL 1ft Feet 30cm/12" OBD II OBD2 16 Pin Male to Female Extension Cable

Tazer JL programmer and cable -

20180811_100158-1280x960.jpg

Velcro attached to backside of Tazer JL -

20180811_100205-1280x960.jpg

Extender cable attached to OBD2 port. What I like about this setup is that the cable exits on the left side diminishing the potential for catching on your left foot. This may be particularly useful while using a clutch -

20180811_100340-1280x960.jpg

20180811_100509-1280x960.jpg

A couple of upskirt photos so you can see where I mounted the programmer on the backside of the kick panel -

20180812_145734.jpg

20180812_150610.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Because I'm currently running stock wheels and tires and I don't have my ARB compressor in the Jeep yet (I haven't been airing down), I don't have a need to change tire size or TPMS at this time. Currently my favorite features of the Tazer JL programmer are start / stop kill, in motion navigation access (for my passenger to use) and backup camera access via mute button double tap. Although I thought it was useless, the light show is pretty fun at times, and can be accessed using your fob while the programmer is plugged in. To use these features the Tazer JL programmer must be plugged into the OBD2 port while the vehicle is running. I like to run doorless, so I wanted to diminish the potential for theft, as well as diminish the potential for my big klutzy legs and feet to catch the Tazer JL while plugged in. I used a 1 foot OBD2 extension cable and a bit of Velcro to keep the programmer tucked up and under the kick panel.

Awesome! Is there any chance I could get you to re-post this in the write-up section so that it doesn't get lost? :thumb:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I keep showing the wife this color and telling her she needs a 2 door. Lmao. Also DTD you can really tell how much they tilted the front grille in one of those pics. That black with the Mojito is perfect. Nice bumper;)

I keep trying to talk my wife into a two-door also. Lol. And you're right, we're going to have to meet up for a run sometime.

Awesome! Is there any chance I could get you to re-post this in the write-up section so that it doesn't get lost? :thumb:

Done!

Looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Thanks!

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Anybody know what these are? It's funny, I had ordered these soooo long ago, that I had completely forgotten about them. Took a minute to register when I open to the box...

20180815_130118-1280x960.jpg

Last edited: