dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

WiscoHR

View attachment 12591

^^^ The time it takes to air up the 4th and final Cooper STT Pro 37X13.50R17 from 10psi to 26psi at 11,000' using my ARB Twin.

It really wants me to go out and see how long it takes me to do all 4. I’ve never timed it but with the jkinnovations system I can air up and down all 4 at the same time. And I love that all 4 tires equal out the pressure, because I can’t stand when I check the display and they are all at different pressures.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
It really wants me to go out and see how long it takes me to do all 4. I’ve never timed it but with the jkinnovations system I can air up and down all 4 at the same time. And I love that all 4 tires equal out the pressure, because I can’t stand when I check the display and they are all at different pressures.

Yeah, it drives me crazy if I'm just 1 PSI off. My daughter is in charge of airing up, and she's (usually) spot-on.

20190720_131306-1024x768.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I have got to get me one of those longer hoses for my inflator.

My ARB tire inflator finally bit the dust. I was getting tired of hunkering down to air up, so I replaced it with a Power Tank 0-60 PSI LIQUID ANALOG TIRE INFLATOR W/ 6' HOSE WHIP, p/n TIG-8206. So far so good. Seems to be pretty darn accurate, and the clip on chuck is one of the best I've used.

Onlyone

My ARB tire inflator finally bit the dust. I was getting tired of hunkering down to air up, so I replaced it with a Power Tank 0-60 PSI LIQUID ANALOG TIRE INFLATOR W/ 6' HOSE WHIP, p/n TIG-8206. So far so good. Seems to be pretty darn accurate, and the clip on chuck is one of the best I've used.
I’m definitely buying one of those.

TheGrendel

Almost there...

View attachment 12590

Now all I need is low-profile zerks. I hit four automotive stores, an oil change/lube business, an industrial hose and fitting supply company and two tractor supply places. Thank goodness for Amazon.

just make sure you get ones that are the right depth. i was having hell getting grease in my JJs. so, i pulled them apart to clean them up and inspect them. realized that the low profile zerks threads were too long. they were seated into the rubber bushing. fortunately, i had not had them on for too many miles because the JJs were still in great shape.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
just make sure you get ones that are the right depth. i was having hell getting grease in my JJs. so, i pulled them apart to clean them up and inspect them. realized that the low profile zerks threads were too long. they were seated into the rubber bushing. fortunately, i had not had them on for too many miles because the JJs were still in great shape.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to inspect them carefully.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
One year ago, on July 27th 2018, we arrived at the dealership to pick up our new JL.
20180730_230834-1024x768.jpg

This morning, July 27th 2019...
20190727_091457-1024x768.jpg

20190727_080746-1024x768.jpg

And there it goes...
PhotoEditor_20190727_090934334-1024x768.jpg

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
While returning home from Middle Saint Vrain / Coney Flats a week ago today, we developed a "squeak" in the rear. Initially I thought that maybe it had to do with our coilovers and this water crossing. Maybe some debris stuck in our multi-piece sliders?

20190727_140755-1024x768.jpg

The following day I inspected the suspension, and really didn't notice anything except the broken zerks on the rear frame-side UCA Johnny Joints while applying grease. I went out to replace the broken zerks after work yesterday and found that the rear long arm brackets had broken at the UCA mounts on both the passenger and the driver sides.

20190726_152002.jpg

20190726_152056.jpg

20190726_152143.jpg

20190726_152300.jpg

My installer did not weld at the triangular cutouts located on the brackets (see above pics). EVO MFG has been kind enough to ship out replacement brackets post-haste. My installer took delivery of the Jeep this morning and will rectify the situation as soon as the brackets are in hand.

I'll tell you what, after the install was completed I thoroughly inspected the Jeep while it was on the rack and while it was on the ground. I never thought twice about the cutouts. They look similar to the cutouts in the in the front coilover towers, and I just didn't think anything about it.

20190727_150639.jpg

Though inconvenient, I've tempered my frustration as this really is a first world problem. I am thankful that the brackets did not let go on the trail or while driving on the street. I have learned to be more thorough while inspecting my rig. I have learned the difference between a creak and a squeak.

Lastly, I'd like to thank Eddie for taking the time to inspect my pictures and for readily addressing my questions/concerns yesterday. 🍻