dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Awesome! I had to work till about 1130 this morning so I didn’t get to go out today. :mad: I think we will head out somewhere tomorrow to make up for it. Lol

Damn, sorry you weren't able to go. We're going hit up something local tomorrow also. We got a ton of rain and hail today, so the dust should be at a minimum.

JTCO

Meme King
Spent the night in Boulder yesterday, and found some time to hit Middle Saint Vrain / Coney Flats today. Definitely a fun way to spend a few hours. My daughter was able to get her feet wet for the first time. 😎

So glad you got to do that one. Great trail. Water looks lower than I thought it would be. Hoping to get up there within the next few weeks.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
So glad you got to do that one. Great trail. Water looks lower than I thought it would be. Hoping to get up there within the next few weeks.

Let me know, and we'll meet up. At this point the only weekend I'm not available is the first weekend of August (8/2 - 8/4).

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Damn is there ever really a bad pic of Colorado?I need to get out there sometime.

Love it here, but you've got to like a long winters and lots of hail over the summer. I'm sitting on the porch watching this right now...

20190721_172929-1280x960.jpg

We've had hail just about every day for at least a week. Our house is 21 years old and is on it's seventh roof. Lol.

We arrived here in our Colorado home four years ago as of July 15th. Our family calls it "Colorado Day".

Yeah thats pretty intense.Honestly from a porch point of view its beatiful but seeing as i work outside(construction)i might not like it as much as i think lol.But either way Colorado is on my list of places to visit sooner than later.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Figured I'd hit my Johnny Joints with a little grease yesterday. Of course I'm running EVO JL High Clearance Long Arms. I reach up to feel for the zerks on my rear upper control arms at the frame, but I couldn't find any. Actually... All I felt was a little tiny spring sticking out of where the zerk should have been. 🤔 Upon further inspection it seems that the standard zerks were sheared off on the passenger and the driver sides while flexing on the trail the day before. Nobody in town had low profiles, so I ordered some on Amazon. I'll post up some pics when I get them fixed.

20190722_170232-1024x768.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
That sucks

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Yeah, you can see where it dinged the top of the bracket. If the joint was flipped so the fitting was on the bottom it would shear off at first droop. Just weird that it would be like this. I took a long hard look at it, and I'm just left scratching my head. 🤔 Hopefully a couple of low profile zerks and a Lincoln 5803 grease needle will solve it.

Last edited:

MrGiant

You can only hope for that. But I didnt hear from anyone else with LA have thst issue. Weird....
Have the zerks been in right from evo or did you install your own and missed a hint about the need of low profile ones?

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
You can only hope for that. But I didnt hear from anyone else with LA have thst issue. Weird....
Have the zerks been in right from evo or did you install your own and missed a hint about the need of low profile ones?

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

They came installed. Maybe they weren't fully tightened down? IDK. I checked all others, and they look pretty good.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Figured I'd hit my Johnny Joints with a little grease yesterday. Of course I'm running EVO JL High Clearance Long Arms. I reach up to feel for the zerks on my rear upper control arms at the frame, but I couldn't find any. Actually... All I felt was a little tiny spring sticking out of where the zerk should have been. 🤔 Upon further inspection it seems that the standard zerks were sheared off on the passenger and the driver sides while flexing on the trail the day before. Nobody in town had low profiles, so I ordered some on Amazon. I'll post up some pics when I get them fixed.

LOL - yup. That happened to us while we were getting our long arms installed. In fact, Mel told me it would happen even before it happened and said it was a design flaw that engineering needed to address. Low profile zerks, the kind that you need a needle for will take care of the problem.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
LOL - yup. That happened to us while we were getting our long arms installed. In fact, Mel told me it would happen even before it happened and said it was a design flaw that engineering needed to address. Low profile zerks, the kind that you need a needle for will take care of the problem.

For whatever reason I am in my car laughing out loud at your response. It may be at the relief that I'm not the only one, or that it wasn't install error, or whatever. Either way, big... BIG thanks for the confirmation that it is not unusual.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For whatever reason I am in my car laughing out loud at your response. It may be at the relief that I'm not the only one, or that it wasn't install error, or whatever. Either way, big... BIG thanks for the confirmation that it is not unusual.

LOL - You should have seen the look on Mel's face when he was telling me about it.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Almost there...

20190723_160949-1024x768.jpg

Now all I need is low-profile zerks. I hit four automotive stores, an oil change/lube business, an industrial hose and fitting supply company and two tractor supply places. Thank goodness for Amazon.