dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
ZomboMeme 13082019153518.jpg

20190804_163133-1280x960.jpg

20190804_163245-1280x960.jpg

When my rear UCA zerks were recently sheared off, I needed to remove the Johnny Joints to get the remainder of the zerks out. The joints need to be pressed in/out, and I don't have a shop press. Seeing as I plan to remove and inspect the joints over the winter anyways, I decided to invest in a Currie Enterprises Johnny Joint Assembly/Disassembly Tool to help get the job done. Below are pictures of p/n CE-9110T for 2 ½” Johnny Joints. Currie also makes similar tools for for 2" and 3" Johnny Joints as well.

20190807_141044-1280x960.jpg

20190807_141132-1280x960.jpg

20190807_141142-1280x960.jpg

20190807_141245-1280x960.jpg

No sense in reinventing the wheel, so I didn't do a write-up in how to use this. Currie has already put out a pretty good video regarding the Johnny Joint Assembly/Disassembly Tool:

If you don't want to spend the coin on the Johnny Joint rebuild tool, cozdude has put together an excellent step by step using a shop press:

How to rebuild a Currie Johnny Joint

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
And now Deep Thoughts, with doubletapdaddy...

Although I love my local Ace Hardware for all the little bits and pieces, truth is I really go for the little bags.

20190813_175419-1024x768.jpg

WiscoHR

View attachment 12903

View attachment 12897

View attachment 12898

When my rear UCA zerks were recently sheared off, I needed to remove the Johnny Joints to get the remainder of the zerks out. The joints need to be pressed in/out, and I don't have a shop press. Seeing as I plan to remove and inspect the joints over the winter anyways, I decided to invest in a Currie Enterprises Johnny Joint Assembly/Disassembly Tool to help get the job done. Below are pictures of p/n CE-9110T for 2 ½” Johnny Joints. Currie also makes similar tools for for 2" and 3" Johnny Joints as well.

View attachment 12899

View attachment 12900

View attachment 12901

View attachment 12902

No sense in reinventing the wheel, so I didn't do a write-up in how to use this. Currie has already put out a pretty good video regarding the Johnny Joint Assembly/Disassembly Tool:

If you don't want to spend the coin on the Johnny Joint rebuild tool, cozdude has put together an excellent step by step using a shop press:

How to rebuild a Currie Johnny Joint

That is well worth it! I’ve used mine to rebuild the joints a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
That is well worth it! I’ve used mine to rebuild the joints a few times.

Yeah, definitely the right tool for the right job. No regerts. 👍

A socket will do the same as that tool lol

🤔
I could also drive nails with a rock. 😉

I love how there is one tiny little window on your porch and the delivery guy decides its best to lean the box against said window. Lol

Yeah, right? That's the first thing I thought of too. WTF? 🙄

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Nice[emoji1605]I don’t know if you have a aftermarket one already but what are you gonna go with for your steering stabilizer?

My current stabilizer has Peyronie's disease. At first I was going to seek out a regular OE style stabilizer and use the $80 Synergy relocation kit to get it up and out of the way.

However, I found a Fox 2.0 Performance Series TS Stabilizer with a 1.5" tie rod clamp on Amazon through a third party vendor pretty cheap without Prime shipping. As this style stabilizer mounts up and out of the way without a need for the relocation kit, I just used the 80 bucks toward that instead. I was always left with the impression that the Fox TS / ATS was overkill and overpriced for a steering stabilizer, but now I'll have one at my front door by midnight tomorrow. I don't know what this world is coming to. :crazyeyes:

Eddie installed the same stabilizer, seen via the link below:

JL JOURNAL : Fox Performance Series 2.0 TS Steering Stabilizer

However, I found a Fox 2.0 Performance Series TS Stabilizer with a 1.5" tie rod clamp on Amazon through a third party vendor pretty cheap without Prime shipping. As this style stabilizer mounts up and out of the way without a need for the relocation kit, I just used the 80 bucks toward that instead. I was always left with the impression that the Fox TS / ATS was overkill and overpriced for a steering stabilizer, but now I'll have one at my front door by midnight tomorrow. I don't know what this world is coming to. :crazyeyes:

It always seems to work out like that[emoji23]I tell myself that I just need the basics. Hasn’t worked much, I got Kings shipping out next week🤣

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
The Fox 2.0 Performance Series TS Stabilizer was delivered today. Although I can't install it until later in the week, I couldn't wait to open the box to see if the Fox logo on the tie rod bracket was upside down as seen in Eddie's video that I posted above. Turns out that it's reversible. LOL. 😅

20190814_131636-1280x960.jpg

20190814_131709-1280x960.jpg

To be honest, I'm not sure which way I'm going install the tie rod clamp. Should I match it to my driver EVO SPEC KING FRONT BUMP?
20190814_130946-1280x960.jpg

Or to my passenger EVO SPEC KING FRONT BUMP? 🤣
20190814_130954-1280x960.jpg