dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
That's a sweet picture.

Thanks. 🍺

I’m pretty sure if I could have posters on my walls in my bedroom like when I was a kid, these pictures would be there! Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Lol. We collect movie posters, and have them mounted throughout the house. Are you suggesting a 27 x 40 of the Jeep? Hmmmm... 🤔

That looks pretty bad ass!:thumb:

Thanks. I took 64 pics, most of which sucked. Finally paired it down to 5. Lol.

Great pics man:beer:

Thanks! 🍻

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Time for another round of...

ZomboMeme 03072019203949.jpg

My jeep was suffering from a rare condition referred to as Inverted Adhesive Decalopathy of the Slider.

20190703_214115-768x1024.jpg

Components to perform a Sliderplasty were ordered post haste.

The box was delivered with bleach or chlorine or something splattered all over it. In fact it was still moist while it was sitting on my porch.
20190503_143533-1024x768.jpg

5% Gypsy Tears (maybe that's what splattered on the box)
20190503_143745-1024x768.jpg

Fully assembled slider.
20190503_144251-1024x768.jpg

Top outer aluminum shell removed.
20190503_144236-1024x768.jpg

Inner slider on the left (made from a slickery Delrin-type material), bottom outer aluminum shell in the middle, top outer aluminum shell on the right.
20190503_144213-1024x768.jpg

I was experiencing slight coil bow on my front top springs, resulting in binding on the timing rings. I was able to temporarily diminish the binding via indexing of the top and bottom springs, however they would rotate back rather quickly.

Enter the AGM sliders. They are a one-piece inner slider (that contacts the shock body) housed within a hard anodized aluminum 2-piece shell that supports the springs.

I installed the AGM Suspension Sliders in hopes that they would maintain spring alignment and reduce bowing. So far they've worked quite well. Prior to installation I would have to raise the frame of the Jeep (extending the shock and the springs) to adjust the timing rings, otherwise the rings would jam up on the powder coating of the springs. With the sliders installed I am able to freely move the timing rings without extending the coilovers and without contacting the springs.

20190703_210542-768x1154.jpg

Interestingly, one thing that I thought was pretty neat about the coilovers was the sound they made while driving... clickety clackety, clickity clackity. With the AGM sliders installed the noise has been markedly diminished. We have not heard the clickety clackety while on the pavement, even with the top and doors off. Spring creaking has been significantly minimized while off the pavement. I'll be honest, I kind of miss the sound of angry crabs following the Jeep.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good! Our coilovers were super loud right from the get go but by the time we got home, they were pretty damn quite. These have been on my radar but will hold out for now.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Time for another installment of...

ZomboMeme 05072019181452.jpg

Coated with three months of garage dust.
20190705_081926-768x1024.jpg

I'll tell you what's not in the box... A plastic bag. Honestly, who's got time for Ziplocs when you're building badass Jeep products?
20190705_082446-1024x768.jpg

Felt like an Easter egg hunt looking for washers in all the nooks, crannies and folds of the shipping paper. :crazyeyes:
20190705_082908-1024x768.jpg

EVO MFG JLU 3.6L Protek Engine/Trans Skid Plate
20190705_083232-1024x768.jpg

Fit and finish is excellent. Installation was rather easy. Forgot to take a clean pic before trail testing.
20190705_163053-768x1366.jpg

Please check out the following JL JOURNAL video from WAYALIFE Productions for further details:

Jeep JL Wrangler Skid Plates EVO ProTek Engine Oil Pan and Transmission Protection HOW TO INSTALL

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Maybe with all the time they saved not packaging things correctly, they’re making some sliders for 2 doors! Or 4 doors for that matter. Lol I love these box photos. They make me buy shit. :cheesy:

😂 My sole purpose is to inspire you to spend money. The only thing I'm really hurting for is proper sliders at this point. Are you going to run Holy Cross with OE sliders (and no rear bumper)?

dixonk

Time for another installment of...

View attachment 12218

Coated with three months of garage dust.
View attachment 12219

I'll tell you what's not in the box... A plastic bag. Honestly, who's got time for Ziplocs when you're building badass Jeep products?
View attachment 12220

Felt like an Easter egg hunt looking for washers in all the nooks, crannies and folds of the shipping paper. :crazyeyes:
View attachment 12221

EVO MFG JLU 3.6L Protek Engine/Trans Skid Plate
View attachment 12222

Fit and finish is excellent. Installation was rather easy. Forgot to take a clean pic before trail testing.
View attachment 12223

Please check out the following JL JOURNAL video from WAYALIFE Productions for further details:

Jeep JL Wrangler Skid Plates EVO ProTek Engine Oil Pan and Transmission Protection HOW TO INSTALL

Great minds think alike. Mine is still being shipped.

Onlyone

😂 My sole purpose is to inspire you to spend money. The only thing I'm really hurting for is proper sliders at this point. Are you going to run Holy Cross with OE sliders (and no rear bumper)?

If the creek doesn’t melt none of us will run it. Lol honestly I’m not sure we will be able to run it on the 20th. We might have to wait another few weeks. But yeah I will run it without a bumper. I don’t really plan to run a bumper at all. I would feel a little better having some sliders and a skid plate under there. But without the entire system I can’t find one yet.

JTCO

Meme King
If the creek doesn’t melt none of us will run it. Lol honestly I’m not sure we will be able to run it on the 20th. We might have to wait another few weeks.

I spoke to the Forest service up there yesterday. He said a lot of snow has melted and didn't have any concerns with running it on that date.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
That’s good to hear, The powder coat on mine was flaking off on the edges. I figured no big deal, it’s a skid plate. Hoping it’s better on the tire carrier I ordered.

I haven't experienced any flaking on the tire carrier or the skid plate. However, the skid plate did have some scratches from one of the forward support supports banging around in the the box. I hit it with VHT Roll Bar and Chassis paint to prevent corrosion.

Last edited:

WiscoHR

I haven't experienced any flaking on the tire carrier or the skid plate. However, the skid plate did have some scratches from one of the forward support supports banging around in the the box. I hit it with VHT Roll Bar and Chassis paint to prevent corrosion.

My tire carrier has pretty good powder coating. Only issues I’ve seen is rust started around the welds by the hinges. Must have been thin there. Also it is all rust inside where the bolts mount to the tailgate. It’s like they only powder coated the outside surfaces. I was thinking about repainting but that would mean taking it all the way back off.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
My tire carrier has pretty good powder coating. Only issues I’ve seen is rust started around the welds by the hinges. Must have been thin there. Also it is all rust inside where the bolts mount to the tailgate. It’s like they only powder coated the outside surfaces. I was thinking about repainting but that would mean taking it all the way back off.

I'm going to have to take a closer look.

Onlyone

I spoke to the Forest service up there yesterday. He said a lot of snow has melted and didn't have any concerns with running it on that date.

Yeah I thought the same. I called Minturn office today to ask about Hagerman pass, he said sure I’m pretty sure it’s open. Nope. Gate closed at top.

You’re probably right though. In a couple weeks it will be good.

Attachments

• 2965F918-874C-494D-881B-1CED8B383D78.jpg
    2965F918-874C-494D-881B-1CED8B383D78.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 80