Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

Turns out editing videos is kind of fun, and I was itching to do another short one. Previously I posted pictures of my daughter taking her first water crossing at Middle Saint Vrain in Colorado, but the video is so much cooler....

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Turns out editing videos is kind of fun, and I was itching to do another short one. Previously I posted pictures of my daughter taking her first water crossing at Middle Saint Vrain in Colorado, but the video is so much cooler....
    I used to have a backpacking channel on YouTube. At first I loved filming and editing but it became so time-consuming for full trips. It would take hours just to put a 15 minute video together. And then I was filming so much that I missed the whole point of why I wanted to be out there (to enjoy nature and get away from technology). I ended up giving it up but still have the videos somewhere.

That's a cool video of your daughter. I'm sure she loved driving across that water.
    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    And then I was filming so much that I missed the whole point of why I wanted to be out there (to enjoy nature and get away from technology). I ended up giving it up but still have the videos somewhere.
    When my daughter was younger, that's how I began to feel at holidays and birthdays. Like I wasn't experiencing it in real life, only experiencing it through the lens (screen) while I watched what I was filming while I was filming. Almost surrealistic. Like I was there and wasn't there at the same time. That's why I don't take videos at holidays anymore. And when I take pictures, I pretend I'm on a roll of film and limit myself to only a dozen or two. What I really miss though, that technology has taken away, are those boxes in the back of the closet. The ones filled with old pictures that you can just spend hours sifting through, reliving memory after memory.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I used to have a backpacking channel on YouTube. At first I loved filming and editing but it became so time-consuming for full trips. It would take hours just to put a 15 minute video together. And then I was filming so much that I missed the whole point of why I wanted to be out there (to enjoy nature and get away from technology). I ended up giving it up but still have the videos somewhere.

That's a cool video of your daughter. I'm sure she loved driving across that water.
    When my daughter was younger, that's how I began to feel at holidays and birthdays. Like I wasn't experiencing it in real life, only experiencing it through the lens (screen) while I watched what I was filming while I was filming. Almost surrealistic. Like I was there and wasn't there at the same time. That's why I don't take videos at holidays anymore. And when I take pictures, I pretend I'm on a roll of film and limit myself to only a dozen or two. What I really miss though, that technology has taken away, are those boxes in the back of the closet. The ones filled with old pictures that you can just spend hours sifting through, reliving memory after memory.
    IMG_0316.JPG

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Is this enough movement in the front track bar frame-side mount to cause full throttle Death Wobble?

Bolt is torqued to spec. The bushing sleeve is securely pinched within the bracket. There is no bolt or bushing movement. The track bar is moving on the bushing.

Is this enough movement in the front track bar frame-side mount to cause full throttle Death Wobble?

Bolt is torqued to spec. The bushing sleeve is securely pinched within the bracket. There is no bolt or bushing movement. The track bar is moving on the bushing.
    I've had mine have that much play and do it. I have borderline DW as well from our last run. Noticed it on the way home. Haven't checked out cause yet.
    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

I've had this amount of play for a couple of weeks, and without any issues. That is until I installed the Synergy tie rod and drag link to address slop in the OE drag link tie rod end at the pitman arm.

Following installation of the Synergy components, I took it for a drive to check to steering wheel center and had full on Death Wobble. Not shimmy, not bump steer - but complete and uncontrollable violent death wobble. It felt like the whole goddamn front end of the jeep was going to come off.

I put the fox steering stabilizer on and the DW was gone (or at least masked). All of this was the day before our trip to Wheeler Lake. The morning after the trip, I took the Jeep out to grab some coffee and experience full DW within the first hundred yards, even with the fox steering stabilizer.

Unfortunately my OE front TB has the same issue with the axle-side bushing. I'm just going to have to patiently wait for my replacement TB to arrive.

I should say that I've gone back and rechecked the torque on all tie rod ends as well as ball joints. I do need to jack it up to see if I have any ball joint play though.

I've been waiting for my warranty replacement TB to ship for over a week now. I received FED EX shipping confirmation while typing the previous posts. LOL. Scheduled to arrive Saturday by end of day. Here's to hoping it comes one day early, as we are hoping to go back to MSV/Coney Flats on Saturday. If it doesn't arrive early, we'll just have to go another time.

Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast