dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
With job demands resulting in a (very welcomed) change of employers, in conjunction with family stuff and life in general (not to mention my natural predilection for procrastination) I was letting stuff pile up in my garage. With the time to finally organize it this weekend, I brought shame upon my family when I discovered that not only had I not yet installed my Trim-Lok Rubber Tubing Seal (aka JL fender welt)...

20181208_172846-1280x960.jpg

I also haven't painted my hitch stinger...

20181208_161301-1280x960.jpg

Now that I've got weekends off I can install the fender welt any time I want, but it's just too goddamn cold the spray paint anything lately.

Wonder what else can be found in here...

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
LOL! It's like Christmas :D

Or is it like EyeSpy and Word Search? You can check my latest brew pics for further mod hints.

If you're wondering what the hell is going on, my wife's Christmas party involved a murder mystery dinner... and I'm either inspired, bored, drunk, or avoiding work. LOL!

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Just finishing a rum and coke (ran out of those killer spiced rum balls that my daughter made). Does this look like a pi symbol? Or is it just me?

20181202_180845-1280x960.jpg

drhcobra

I have a pile of parts waiting on the basement floor. Healing up from shoulder surgery, hope to get to them soon. Enjoy your posts good to see you back at it. look forward to some pictures.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I was trying to be clever earlier about the height of the Hitch Stinger. Anyways, got some tires in the garage...

20181216_154534-768x1024.jpg

Big thanks to Discount Tire/Discount Tire Direct. The price shipped to my door was excellent. Not only were they willing to match the lowest price I could find, I think they may have done a little better. Either way I'm very, very happy.

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
So has anybody received pictures from Amazon that your package has been delivered?

20181216_225625-600x800.jpg

Not only have I been receiving pictures of Amazon Prime deliveries on my front porch, I've also gotten live tracking updates on a (Google?) map saying that it's eight stops away or four stops away or whatever.

So anyways I get a notification that a package has been delivered, and I go to the front door expecting to see Brown Santa, and instead I find an Amazon delivery truck in front of my house. It was a Dodge FWD with tiny tires and temp tags.

20181216_123622-1280x960.jpg

I went out to shoot the breeze with the driver. He said that Amazon started this service in my area about six weeks ago, in an effort to provide improved and quicker delivery service. This was an item I had ordered via Prime yesterday, and it was delivered today.

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
So it turns out the box above contained a CDI torque wrench (752MFRMH, 3/8" Drive Micro-Adjustable Wrench, 5-75 ft.lbs) that I purchased yesterday after receiving an Amazon "flash sale" alert. I'll be needing to assemble some beadlocks in the near future. The last time I mounted tires on beadlocks, my 3/8" Craftsman torque wrench totally sucked and did not register the selected torque most of the time. I ended up returning it for a brand new one, and that one sucked too. I had been cruising Amazon late last week looking at torque wrenches, including a few Tektons, but just hadn't bitten the bullet yet. When I received the alert from Amazon that I had like 2 hours left to buy this for 75 bucks I thought I'd give it a shot.

20181216_124018-1280x960.jpg

20181216_124039-1280x960.jpg

I've never owned a CDI product before, but this thing seems relatively stout. Pretty much all metal construction, with a feature that allows you to lock the ratcheting mechanism stationary by moving the lever to the middle as seen in the photo.

20181216_124125-1280x960.jpg

The calibration certificate is pretty groovy too.

20181216_124627-1280x960.jpg

Thanks Jean and Gina! :cool:

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
Yeah, same here regarding Amazon Shipping. We ordered our oldest boy a Christmas present from Amazon about 3 weeks ago and I got this really weird tracking number emailed to me that started with TBA. I didn't know wtf it was so I looked it up and sure enough it said Amazon Shipping. We got the package like 16 hours later and the online tracking hadn't even been updated as departed yet. Fast service.
But then again, there's a big ass brand new Amazon warehouse in North Denver. My guess is that both yours and mine came from there.

Mud Bug

I have tons of stuff coming from Amazon... stuff everyday for the next week actually. (Yes, I have a problem). I do have Prime. I do NOT get the fabulous truck, though. I get to look online and see it says my packages have been handed off directly... (they were not, I was home.. bright yellow Jeep clearly in the driveway... no doorbell, no knock) and found 3 boxes stacked on my front porch and one envelope stuffed into my mailbox.

I am jealous, I want a truck.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Yeah, same here regarding Amazon Shipping. We ordered our oldest boy a Christmas present from Amazon about 3 weeks ago and I got this really weird tracking number emailed to me that started with TBA. I didn't know wtf it was so I looked it up and sure enough it said Amazon Shipping. We got the package like 16 hours later and the online tracking hadn't even been updated as departed yet. Fast service.
But then again, there's a big ass brand new Amazon warehouse in North Denver. My guess is that both yours and mine came from there.

Didn't know there was a new warehousing Denver. They are building one near my parent's home in Tucson. The thing is as big as a small City, requiring significant upgrades to the road as well as the railways. Reminds me of an episode of Amazon's Electric Dreams named Autofac(s1, ep5)...

"In which the remaining humans after a nuclear war (led by a resourceful rebel played by Juno Temple) fight against the automated factories and delivery drones (represented by a robotic Janelle Monae) that keep running after the end of the world." (The Verge)

Even spookier now that I realize it was produced by Amazon. :eek:

I have tons of stuff coming from Amazon... stuff everyday for the next week actually. (Yes, I have a problem). I do have Prime. I do NOT get the fabulous truck, though. I get to look online and see it says my packages have been handed off directly... (they were not, I was home.. bright yellow Jeep clearly in the driveway... no doorbell, no knock) and found 3 boxes stacked on my front porch and one envelope stuffed into my mailbox.

I am jealous, I want a truck.

Funny thing is the driver was super nice. I'm the one that actually had to terminate our conversation and tell him to get back to work so that he could get home at a reasonable time. Lol. But same here, no knock and no doorbell just the notification and picture on my telephone. Weird that they take the time to focus up a picture, but don't don't bother knocking. My guess is that human interaction is discouraged to diminish time loss and the potential for conflict.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Found a package on my doorstep today... Core 4x4 Tier Four Front TB.

20181218_193709-1280x960.jpg

20181218_195601-1280x960.jpg

Now if you'll excuse me, I'd better get this off the table before my wife kicks my ass.

Discount Tire

Advertiser
Supporter
I was trying to be clever earlier about the height of the Hitch Stinger. Anyways, got some tires in the garage...

View attachment 7610

Big thanks to Discount Tire/Discount Tire Direct. The price shipped to my door was excellent. Not only were they willing to match the lowest price I could find, I think they may have done a little better. Either way I'm very, very happy.

That's so great to hear - thank you for the shoutout and for choosing Discount Tire!

Enjoy the new rubber!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WooHoo!! Always cool to see packages from brown santa show up. Can't wait to see all your new mods installed :thumb:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
That is a solid track bar.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Some boxes in my garage require that I have an adjustable front track bar (as well as a front drive shaft). I had never heard of Core 4x4 before your post. This thing is definitely stout. Thanks for the recommendation.

That's so great to hear - thank you for the shoutout and for choosing Discount Tire!

Enjoy the new rubber!

Thanks for your participation in this forum! And your B&M store near me... they take care of my wife every time she needs to swap winter tires on and off - fast and reasonably priced. They have have been more than happy to help me with some problems related to the TPMS on my Subaru, FOC (free of charge). Customer for life.

WooHoo!! Always cool to see packages from brown santa show up. Can't wait to see all your new mods installed :thumb:

Yeah, me too. I'm so damn busy this time of the year I've been unable to appropriate the time to take pictures of what I've got laying around. One other problem, some of my stuff requires welding... And I don't weld. It's going to kill me to not only let somebody else mod my Jeep, but also pay them to do it.