dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

Jdofmemi

Although I do like the look of EVO camera/CHMSL relocation bracket, the T-9 TORX screws that need to be taken off to remove the bracket assembly (including the CHMSL & camera) anytime the spare is removed are a major pain in the ass. Those suckers are super tiny.

View attachment 9589

View attachment 9585

View attachment 9586

Does anybody know if the Dual Threaded Lug Bolts included in the Mopar Center High Mounted Stop Light Relocation Kit (p/n 82215349) will work with XD229 Machetes?

View attachment 9588

View attachment 9587

From the looks of them they should work. Nothing about them is bigger than an ordinary lug nut.

The bolts to remove it looks like as much of a PITA as the other one, IMO

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
From the looks of them they should work. Nothing about them is bigger than an ordinary lug nut.

The factory lug nut looks so huge and I thought it was a slightly different taper compared to the splined set I'm using on the Machetes. I thought maybe one was spherical and one was conical.

Looks great!!

Thanks. Are you still using the EVO camera relocation bracket, or something else?
EDIT... just scanned your thread and saw you've got the plate up there. Looks good.

Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I don't have my LA's or CO's installed yet, but I had to throw on the Coop 37x13.5r17 STTs just to see. I can't turn lock-to-lock, step on the brakes or crawl over a pebble without an instant fender mod, not to mention that it looks a bit silly. But hey... nothing like an 8-point turn! LOL.

20190310_214056-1280x960.jpg

20190310_093055-1280x960.jpg

PhotoEditor_20190310_220728465-1280x960.jpg

WiscoHR

I don't have my LA's or CO's installed yet, but I had to throw on the Coop 37x13.5r17 STTs just to see. I can't turn lock-to-lock, step on the brakes or crawl over a pebble without an instant fender mod, not to mention that it looks a bit silly. But hey... nothing like an 8-point turn! LOL.

View attachment 9597

View attachment 9598

View attachment 9599

Damn that’s a tight fit. Mine barely fit with the 2.5” EVO coils.

IMG_5003.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Damn that’s a tight fit. Mine barely fit with the 2.5” EVO coils.

View attachment 9600

No doubt it's tight. I can only turn the steering wheel two-thirds of the way before I'm into the front fender, but I've been sitting on these parts for so long I couldn't wait to see some progress. Hey, what are you using to hold your plate, camera and brake light?

WiscoHR

No doubt it's tight. I can only turn the steering wheel two-thirds of the way before I'm into the front fender, but I've been sitting on these parts for so long I couldn't wait to see some progress. Hey, what are you using to hold your plate, camera and brake light?

It’s from ace engineering. At the time they were the only one who made one. It does its job but had some issues I’m not happy with. The wiring harness for the plate and rear brake light was junk and it changes the angle of the camera so had to turn off the guide lines.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
It’s from ace engineering. At the time they were the only one who made one. It does its job but had some issues I’m not happy with. The wiring harness for the plate and rear brake light was junk and it changes the angle of the camera so had to turn off the guide lines.

Thanks. I'll probably grab the Mopar relocation bracket, as the screws that retain the camera are so small I can't imagine finding one if I was drop it. Then there's also the potential for stripping the heads or the thread. Honestly, the condition of the heads from the factory wasn't that great anyways.

JTCO

Meme King

So that's 37s with no lift?

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
So that's 37s with no lift?

Yes. This is the passenger wheel and front fender with the steering wheel turned approximately 2/3 of a revolution clockwise. The Jeep level in my garage, and a heavier than stock front due to the LOD JL Destroyer shorty front bumper and Warn Zeon 10s winch.

20190311_163558-1280x960.jpg

20190311_163549-1280x960.jpg

Onlyone

You got an order in on that turbo yet? I hear you're going to go Bikini (the color).

Oh hell. I thought I had a red one bought in grand junction. Nope. Then Dennis dill. A Mojito. Nope. I think I would like bikini. Only saw a couple pictures of it on the assembly line. I like it. I’m just procrastinating. It snows every freaking day. I know it will help the fires but........it’s hard to get excited right now so I look. And wait. Hell. I might want a gladiator. Who am I kidding. It will be a 2 door. Sorry. I’m letting you guys down. :icon_crazy:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
To be honest, I've liked what I've seen of the Bikini also. And it would sure be cool to say I took my bikini top off. Lol. I hear you about the snow. We've been getting hit just about every weekend. If it's not single digit temperatures, then it's snow, snow, snow. We're been issued a blizzard watch right now for Wednesday.

Onlyone

Let’s try and get together this summer sometime at least. I still have a 4 door. I can follow you around a few trails in the wagon. I’m picking up one of those 18’ tilt car trailers over memorial weekend. Maybe it will have a real Jeep on it, on the way home. You know, one with only 2 doors.. :pop2:

Last edited: