Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

Because it's been off the road for some time, I've got it connected to a battery tender. I can't close the hood with the terminals on, but I've also got it on the short side of the garage. Garage door hardware will hit the hood if I keep it up so I've got a couple of 4x4s under the hood to keep it propped up.

20190922_112430-1280x720.jpg

It looks like it should be in A Bug's Life.
    PhotoEditor_20190922_181444835-1280x720.jpg

Do you keep the tires off when you leave it for a while?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Do you keep the tires off when you leave it for a while?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    The front end is apart. Waiting on bits and pieces to arrive.

Any updates on this?
    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by JTCO View Post
    Any updates on this?
    Sadly no.

I have checked torque on lug nuts, tie rod, drag link, track bar, steering box bolts, UCAs, LCAs, ball joints... all multiple times over the past several weeks.

I pulled my front LCAs to check for blown Johnny Joints on my long arms, yet no problem. Went over my UCA bushings/joints, no problems. Brand new EVO TB. TB brackets and mounting holes are in fine condition. I've had my wheels rebalanced, no fix. I've checked every possible weld that could check in the front end and have found no problems. I went from 1/16 to 1/8 positive toe with no effect. Caster is 6į. Unable to find unusual / excessive movement in the Synergy TREs. I have no unusual radial or axial ball joint play. No slop in the unit bearings. The only thing I haven't checked is the pitman arm nut because I don't have a socket that size, but it is splined.

Unfortunately local 4x4 shops have attributed it to large tires and recommend a dual stabilizer setup. WTF?

I do have a clunk that seems to be coming from the steering box at the frame. Dealer states that may need replacement under warranty, but I haven't had a chance to take it down yet.

I could go hydro, but if the steering system isn't the culprit, then I'll only be masking the symptoms.
    Last edited by doubletapdaddy; 10-28-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Sadly no.

I have checked torque on lug nuts, tie rod, drag link, track bar, steering box bolts, UCAs, LCAs, ball joints... all multiple times over the past several weeks.

I pulled my front LCAs to check for blown Johnny Joints on my long arms, yet no problem. Went over my UCA bushings/joints, no problems. Brand new EVO TB. TB brackets and mounting holes are in fine condition. I've had my wheels rebalanced, no fix. I've checked every possible weld that could check in the front end and have found no problems. I went from 1/16 to 1/8 positive toe with no effect. Caster is 6į. Unable to find unusual / excessive movement in the Synergy TREs. I have no unusual radial or axial ball joint play. No slop in the unit bearings. The only thing I haven't checked is the pitman arm nut because I don't have a socket that size, but it is splined.

Unfortunately local 4x4 shops have attributed it to large tires and recommend a dual stabilizer setup. WTF?

I do have a clunk that seems to be coming from the steering box at the frame. Dealer states that may need replacement under warranty, but I haven't had a chance to take it down yet.

I could go hydro, but if the steering system isn't the culprit, then I'll only be masking the symptoms.
    I replaced my steering box last week with the AE part number and it made no difference. Iím in the exact same boat. Mine only does it when itís cold out. It will act like itís going to do it when itís warm but never goes into full DW unless itís around 35-40 or below. Iím sure the larger tires and backspacing on my wheels are magnifying the problem but man it truly just sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JeepJL View Post
    I replaced my steering box last week with the AE part number and it made no difference. Iím in the exact same boat. Mine only does it when itís cold out. It will act like itís going to do it when itís warm but never goes into full DW unless itís around 35-40 or below. Iím sure the larger tires and backspacing on my wheels are magnifying the problem but man it truly just sucks.

That does suck. The service manager at my local dealer (who is pretty awesome) has advised me that the problem may be remedied by installing steering box Revision E. May just go ahead and do it anyways.

That does suck. The service manager at my local dealer (who is pretty awesome) has advised me that the problem may be remedied by installing steering box Revision E. May just go ahead and do it anyways.
    Oh I would do it and hope it works for you but go in with the mindset that it might not. I was hoping so badly it would fix it. It did take some play out of the box though.

This is what I installed.
    IMG_8118.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JeepJL View Post
    This is what I installed.
    IMG_8118.jpg

Thanks for the picture.

Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast