dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

JeepJL

WiscoHR

I laughed at people talking about it because mine was solid until 8k miles then it was like someone flipped a switch. Now I’m a believer. It’s stupid crazy and can’t wait to find the culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I know first 9k miles I owned it perfect. Next 12k miles I was losing my mind chasing it. Last 5k miles has been ok.

That 12k in the middle was probably 5 new steering stabilizers thrown at it. Maybe I finally got a decent one.🤷*♂️

JeepJL

I know first 9k miles I owned it perfect. Next 12k miles I was losing my mind chasing it. Last 5k miles has been ok.

That 12k in the middle was probably 5 new steering stabilizers thrown at it. Maybe I finally got a decent one.🤷*♂️

Wow, that’s good the know. I’m gonna install a double tonight and see if that makes it a difference!

Will be following @JeepJL’s results. Recently went to 37s, beadlocks and lift. No DW yet but have only had everything on for just for a week. Hopefully it doesn’t deteriorate as time goes by. Even with cold weather here these past couple days (10-30 degrees) vibration at 40-50mph but can’t tell if it was snow pack at the edge of the road. Got it to 70mph with no snow on road and no vibration at all. Did not do the recall dampener as I had never had a problem with wobble or crazy vibration.

JeepJL

Well I’m sad to to after replacing my steering stabilizer and no more DW I received a call yesterday evening with an offer on my Jeep and it’s off to a new owner now. So I won’t be able to experiment any farther. But I will be ordering my Gladiator now. [emoji4]

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Despite a broken XJ blocking the trail, and some dude trying to wheel in a station wagon, it was was still a great time. Definitely more than a few bumps. Lol. Bumpity bumpity bumpity.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Anymore progress on the DW?

Nope. The pic above is fom Wheeler Lake, 08/27/19. Had a great time, but unfortunately it was also the last time that I had the jeep out. I thought that I had solved the DW the day before Wheeler, but that wasn't the case. So far Synergy DL, Synergy TR, Synergy TB, Synergy TB / sector shaft brace, Fox SS, checked all CA joints and mounting points, checked welds, different toe adjustments, rebalanced wheels, no ovaled bracket holes, no visual play in the ball joints, no unit bearing play, everything has been torqued and checked multiple times. ODO has 14K. It's crazy because the DW is so violent that you would think every bolt in the front end is loose. Dealer has offered to replace the steering box under warranty. After that, I'm all out of juice. Honestly, I'm just sick and tired of fucking with it.

Onlyone

Nope. The pic above is fom Wheeler Lake, 08/27/19. Had a great time, but unfortunately it was also the last time that I had the jeep out. I thought that I had solved the DW the day before Wheeler, but that wasn't the case. So far Synergy DL, Synergy TR, Synergy TB, Synergy TB / sector shaft brace, Fox SS, checked all CA joints and mounting points, checked welds, different toe adjustments, rebalanced wheels, no ovaled bracket holes, no visual play in the ball joints, no unit bearing play, everything has been torqued and checked multiple times. ODO has 14K. It's crazy because the DW is so violent that you would think every bolt in the front end is loose. Dealer has offered to replace the steering box under warranty. After that, I'm all out of juice. Honestly, I'm just sick and tired of fucking with it.
Wow that’s frustrating. I’m sorry you’re going through it. Forgive me for asking because I’m sure you said it somewhere, but when and what did you change when it started?