dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Just left the dealership parts counter. At least right now, the clips are unavailable individually. Need to spend $75 on the whole kick panel just to get the removable clips. :eek:

YAHAHA

Sounds like a great junkyard pick... I'm sure there are a few JLs in junkyards by now.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Well, in the end I rearranged the clips so that I'm only missing one behind the front passenger wiring harness connector. With the connector removed you can see the threaded standoff it would normally slip over. Fortunately the missing clip is pretty close to a nut (on the right) which secures the panel very well anyways. It also helps that the clip securing the wiring harness is on its own stand off, and independent from the kick panel.

20181002_214416-1024x768.jpg

20181002_222641-1024x768.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, in the end I rearranged the clips so that I'm only missing one behind the front passenger wiring harness connector. With the connector removed you can see the threaded standoff it would normally slip over. Fortunately the missing clip is pretty close to a nut (on the right) which secures the panel very well anyways. It also helps that the clip securing the wiring harness is on its own stand off, and independent from the kick panel.

Glad to see you were able to figure out something. :thumb:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Found some time to install a SPIDERWEBSHADE.

Appreciate that Buy American is prominently displayed.
20180930_145106-1280x960.jpg

Although you can't really see the Spiderwebshade from this angle, I had to include a rear shot if only because it's super sexy.

20180930_164157-1280x960.jpg

20180930_164128-1280x960.jpg

20180930_163612-1280x960.jpg

20180930_163433-1280x960.jpg
(I don't have a drone... thank goodness for second story bedroom windows)

20180930_153635-1280x960.jpg

GregM

Looks great. They build a quality product for sure.

I was fortunate that the Spiderweb shade from my JK fit well on my JLU.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I should also say that we were pretty excited to finally have the Spiderwebshade on, and went to get some celebratory ice cream cones... figured it would be a nice test drive. Unfortunately I didn't install the clear protector on the rear. I didn't think that 15 minutes of driving would do any harm, and planned on installing it the next day.

I was pretty shocked to see that just a small amount of driving without the clear protector resulted in a pretty decent amount of chafing of the clear coat. Almost like it had been sanded with fine grit paper. Fortunately I was able to clean it up with some micro polishing glaze. Didn't get a picture because it was near impossible to capture. If you purchase the Spiderwebshade, be sure to install the clear protector without hesitation. Don't get lazy like I did.

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
that's sucks about the clear coat , glad you caught it and got that protector piece on before any real damage to the paint.

JTCO

Meme King
I should also say that we were pretty excited to finally have the Spiderwebshade on, and went to get some celebratory ice cream cones... figured it would be a nice test drive. Unfortunately I didn't install the clear protector on the rear. I didn't think that 15 minutes of driving would do any harm, and planned on installing it the next day.

I was pretty shocked to see that just a small amount of driving without the clear protector resulted in a pretty decent amount of chafing of the clear coat. Almost like it had been sanded with fine grit paper. Fortunately I was able to clean it up with some micro polishing glaze. Didn't get a picture because it was near impossible to capture. If you purchase the Spiderwebshade, be sure to install the clear protector without hesitation. Don't get lazy like I did.

I used to have a really nicely painted mustang and used to keep it covered. I ran into the same thing in a short time with the cover fabric abrading the clear coat. Glad you caught it quickly.

GregM

That's pretty groovy you were able to use your JK Spiderwebshade. Did you need to mod it to fit?
Not at all. There are 2 grommets at center of the header that I have not been using which you don't have on the JL version.

Whoa! Thank you for this. I just ran out to take a look and have 2 spots that will need protection. Blue painters tape for today and have some 3m on order. :thumb: