Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 LastLast

Thread: dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

I saw the thread picture of the ďwhatís in the boxĒ SNL kit and thought there was a better update or some pizza or something. Disappointing. Lol

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

I started thinking more about our issues with DW. I talked to PSC this morning and asked them the reasoning behind why they sell a belt driven pump kit only. He said itís because of the exact problems We are having. He Said the factory pump is barely enough for the stock size tires and the aluminum steering box wears out very fast as people experience wondering over time and when you go to larger tires with wheels that stick out it kills the pump. I know my wife has a tendency to hold the brake and turn the wheel at a standstill when in parking lots. I know thatís extremely hard on the steering components especially when you have larger tires. Iím going to have my factory pump replaced hopefully this week and will report my findings. If it works like it did when I first installed the lift Iíll go to the PSC overlanding kit. Pump and box no hydro assist. Iím hoping Iím heading in the right direction. Iíll definitely let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JeepJL View Post
    I started thinking more about our issues with DW. I talked to PSC this morning and asked them the reasoning behind why they sell a belt driven pump kit only. He said itís because of the exact problems We are having. He Said the factory pump is barely enough for the stock size tires and the aluminum steering box wears out very fast as people experience wondering over time and when you go to larger tires with wheels that stick out it kills the pump. I know my wife has a tendency to hold the brake and turn the wheel at a standstill when in parking lots. I know thatís extremely hard on the steering components especially when you have larger tires. Iím going to have my factory pump replaced hopefully this week and will report my findings. If it works like it did when I first installed the lift Iíll go to the PSC overlanding kit. Pump and box no hydro assist. Iím hoping Iím heading in the right direction. Iíll definitely let you know.

Very interesting info.

2018 JLUR Sting Gray

@JeepJL: looking forward to your results. Going to replace my steering box as well, but I'm in no hurry. I've got more than a foot of snow on the ground over the past few days and more coming. Just too damn cold to get anything done right now. Lol.

Makes sense to me. Fortunately, I kept the brand new steering box and pump off of my Gladiator and I might just install them to see if it makes any difference. Unfortunately, it'll have to wait until after SEMA

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Makes sense to me. Fortunately, I kept the brand new steering box and pump off of my Gladiator and I might just install them to see if it makes any difference. Unfortunately, it'll have to wait until after SEMA
    Yes Iíd hold onto that one. Sounds like the new part number for the newest pump is AG. I sure hope this does it or someone buying my rig will have a new PSC setup installed.

Thanks for sharing this info and keeping us all up to date on this.

Quote Originally Posted by drhcobra View Post
    Thanks for sharing this info and keeping us all up to date on this.
    Yeah no problem. I gotta get to the bottom of this. It sucks and this morning being 5 degrees out made it basically non drivable. It shook the entire mile to school. The dual stabilizer will be here this afternoon and the new pump hopefully by the end of the week. Iíll post my results.

Yeah no problem. I gotta get to the bottom of this. It sucks and this morning being 5 degrees out made it basically non drivable. It shook the entire mile to school. The dual stabilizer will be here this afternoon and the new pump hopefully by the end of the week. Iíll post my results.

Did you happen to get the new steering dampener in the v41 recall. Since I put that one on my shaking hasnít been happening. I know it just masks the problem but my jl has been driving better since.

Quote Originally Posted by WiscoHR View Post
    Did you happen to get the new steering dampener in the v41 recall. Since I put that one on my shaking hasnít been happening. I know it just masks the problem but my jl has been driving better since.

Yeah it made it a tad better for about a week. I then grabbed another and no difference. Something else is definitely getting worse. Iím gonna try running all 3 stabilizers as a temp solution to drive it. Lol

Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 LastLast