dbltap's Mojito! JLUR

JTCO

Meme King
Holy shit. That could have been serious. So those triangular cutouts have to be welded to the frame? Good info. Thanks for posting.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Holy shit. That could have been serious. So those triangular cutouts have to be welded to the frame? Good info. Thanks for posting.

Yes they need to be welded. There's a member here that did his in his driveway, and he's the first person I thought of. I'll be darned if I can find his thread, but I sure hope he runs across these posts.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Good you got that figured out when you did. Hope you’re back in the trail soon [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Damn that sucks but glad you figured it all out and it’s on it’s way to getting fixed.

Damn! Glad you noticed it before it tore completely off. That could have been very bad!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Gives me the willies just thinking about the fact we drove about 2 hours at highway speeds in the rain to return home. Without a doubt it has taught me that a modified Jeep is far from set it and forget it (not that I thought it was before). My pre and post trail inspections will definitely be more thorough for now on. Not necessarily more time-consuming, but more discriminating.

Last edited:

MrGiant

Thats gnarly!
According to the other thread with driveway install. I thing the triangles are not welded on that rig. Hipefully I am wrong and the owner sees this thread

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lastly, I'd like to thank Eddie for taking the time to inspect my pictures and for readily addressing my questions/concerns yesterday. 🍻

Glad I was able to help out. Those cut outs are specifically there to be welded in and to help prevent the problem you had. For others who haven't seen what it should look like...

20190616195735-000c9923-me.jpg