JL JOURNAL : HOW TO REPLACE a Jeep JL Wrangler AIR FILTER

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Changing out your air filter and on a regular basis is one of the best things you can do to help keep your Jeep JL Wrangler breathing in clean fresh air. Of course, it'll also go a long way to help give it better fuel economy, reduce emissions, improve acceleration and of course, prolonging the life of your engine. Fortunately, this is something that anyone can do, in just a few minutes and this short video, will show you how.

What You Will Need
• Mopar Air Filter - Part# 68257030AA
• Philips Screw Driver
• 8mm Socket
• Ratchet
• Long Ratchet Extension

I hope that you find our quick tip on how why you should change out your Jeep JL Wrangler's air filter and how to do it to be helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions. :cool:

Great video and advice! A new air filter is cheap insurance. I posted this in the comments on your Youtube video, but thought I'd post it here for forum members, too...

What are your thoughts on snorkels? When in Africa, I see them everywhere. They swear they reduce dust ingestion. Then again, they may not have as easy access to new clean air filters, either. I'm chewing on the idea of a Mopar snorkel for my JL before going to Moab in October. You live and play in what appears to be a VERY dusty environment, so I'd love to know your experienced thoughts on it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If I lived in Africa and or did a LOT of deep water crossing, I could totally see how a snorkel would be something useful to have. As far as it being something that would help minimize dust, all I can say is that I've seen the photos where vehicles are cruising through plumes of it and with the snorkels sticking out of it. What I've never seen is photos of the same thing with the wind blowing the other way. Fact of the matter is, dust will get into anything and everything and no straw is going to change that. The single best thing you can do to keep your engine happy is to run a factory panel filter and change it on a regular basis. At least, in my opinion anyway.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video. This is something anyone can do, even if they think they have no mechanical ability.

Have you looked at the cabin air filter?

Not as of yet but then, we haven't done a ton of wheeling in dusty areas with our windows open. It is on my to do list though. :yup:

RMC2

This video cracked me up, despite being informative. Or actually while being informative.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This video cracked me up, despite being informative. Or actually while being informative.

Keep up the good work.

LOL!! Well, I'm glad that you found it both informative and entertaining even if it was at my expense :crazyeyes:

Loving the new videos. Very easy to do.

Thanks my friend :)

Nice video. This should help people out.

Thanks. I definitely think there are a lot of people out there who over look things like their air filter. Hopefully this will be a reminder to them that it needs to be changed out :)

NFRs2000NYC

Weird and annoying that they went with screws instead of the typical airbox clips, but whatever. Also, with the JK, WIX manufactured both the oil and air filters, think the JL is the same?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Weird and annoying that they went with screws instead of the typical airbox clips, but whatever. Also, with the JK, WIX manufactured both the oil and air filters, think the JL is the same?

For me personally, I kinda like the screws. Getting the last clip on the JK air box always took some effort and there were times when I'd look and find that one had come off. For sure, it could have been my fault for not getting it on all the way but that's another reason why I like the screws. Regarding manufacturers of the filter, it wouldn't surprise me if WIX is the one who makes these. I typically turn to WIX if I can't find Mopar.

Great video, Thanks [emoji106]

Glad to hear you liked it :)